1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Somebody shoot me already!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pbr1893, Feb 27, 2008.

1. pbr1893

pbr1893 Junior Member

Did my usual calls this morning...letting all of our customers know that we were rolling out and ready to push snow. One of my contacts at one complex told me to hold off because it wasnt that much of an accumulation. At that time there may have been an inch to inch and one half. An hour later I get a call from the manager who's really pissed because the snow hasnt been cleared and there is "5" inches of snow outside. I kind of freak and head over to see whats up. Still only one to one and one half inches in the lot. So, I go to see the manager who is not even in but at their house some distance from the site! So, I'm thinking that the assistant,who freaks out at the mention of snow,must have told the manager that the place was impassable! My gripe I guess is first getting all's well from one person then having that overridden by people who are not accustomed to snow and trying to call the shots without getting the facts straight! Please...somebody shoot me or buy me a BIG Beer!:gunsfiring:

2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

I will buy u a beer :drinkup:

3. pbr1893

pbr1893 Junior Member

Oh, and while I'm griping...here's one for those soccer moms who think that their 4x4 suvs are invincible in the snow and drive the regular speed limit and think that the 4x4 can keep them from losing control coming down mountain roads headed towards me and other workers out there! Thanks!

4. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

Ah, forget about it. Sounds like an impossible situation so I wouldn't let it bother me too much. Do the best you can and move on. Sounds like you may have to play it diplomatically if you want to avoid pissing somebody off over there. Just don't lose your cool.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1.5 inches! I'm surprised they didn't call out the National Guard for Help.5 inches is the end of the world for you guys!

6. pbr1893

pbr1893 Junior Member

Actually we are located at 5,500 elevation...Beech Mountain. It's the highest town East of the Mississippi. Did average nearly 100 inches per year but that's gone down due to what Rush Limbaugh likens to solar flare ups! Anyway...youre right about the people freaking out over small snow because a lot of the newcomers are transplants from Florida or Charlotte and go into hibernation at the thought of the white stuff. Old locals just laugh at them and drive around in beat up 4x4's.