1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some wisconsin snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by wewille, Jan 25, 2009.

1. wewille

wewille Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Where are you located in WI?

3. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

I wish Wisconsin would get another storm, It seems like were under a snow drought especially after December when we plowed every other day. NWS says no significant snow for the next 10 days. :mad: I haven't plowed in over a week. Hopefully February will be good.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. Now that all of my equipment is fixed though, it probably won't snow again. I really would like it to though...... I miss those long hours in my truck!!!

5. lawnproslawncar

I hear both of you! This no snow thing is a drag, don't get me wrong my truck sure loves the attention instead of abuse....but needless to say: "****'s gotta change boys"

Lets do a snow dance for the snow gods. lol

6. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Im in Oregon, WI and yes, 09 has been very disapointing so far! But we still have another month and a half at least!

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

we're getting 250 tons of salt delivered today, it probably won't snow any more this year.....

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Lol. I'll let you do the dance! jk. I hope it changes soon, because I got bills to pay.

I'm hoping that the rest of this year is like last year. We had a dry January, but a lot of snow in March/April. We shall see though.

Oh, yeah. You jinxed us! Good Job!! lol :sleeping:

9. Im hoping for a decent amount of snow or normal for Feburary and into March nothing too crazy. None in April tho, thats spring cleanup time and time for mowing :D

10. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Matt, What are you thinkin?? Mow lawns. NO WAY, I would rather plow than mow.

11. lawnproslawncar

Plow or mow i don't care as long as the temp doesn't exceed 90 degrees or go below 0 degrees. then I'm happy

12. Ha Nate, Plow or mow its all money ha and work. I can also get back to doing some landscaping again haha.

13. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Hey lawnpro, I agree with you on that one. I dont care if it is 90 just not humid and 0 is alright too with no wind.

14. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I love this weather! haha this morning it was 11 below at my house. Its good for the automotive business!

15. Brant'sLawnCare

That's true, but for some reason I can't seem to land any mowing jobs... Maybe I should change my name to Brant's Snow Plowing. Then I may start to pick up more mowing jobs......:rolleyes::dizzy::confused:

16. Ill take the 28 degree weather and snow, but no wind. Below 0 sucks and with wind sucks even more.

Give it time Brant if your going after residential people, they seem to wait until their lawns are a foot tall and then say "umm I need my lawn cut for the season, can you come mow it today?" Those are the worst, the better customers get things organized before it gets outta control.

17. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Hey matt, If the economy keeps going down this road you wont have to worry about resi. people. They are'nt going to be able to pay to have there lawn mowed.

18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

The jet stream is going to change ... I'm sure there will be more storms ,Winter is not over,Not for a long time.. !!!

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Yeah. I've had a few of those calls. lol. But most of the customers I have for mowing are great. I'm just having a hard time getting into the commercial market. So many cheap bids out there. I don't know how some of those guys can operate. If I have to lose money, it's not going to be because I'm paying people to work for me. I guess I'll just eat up the residentials that come my way. Are you running into any of these problems? I know I've seen your trucks around West Bend quite a bit.

How is your winter going so far? Everthing working like it should?

20. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Howdy guys...wewille, I think I've seen your truck around....I plow from Evansville up to Fitchburg and Madtown.....good weather at 0 or colder for you...this sucks....I wish it would snow though...I've been getting my lawn stuff ready along with cutting trees....the cold is good for that though...I have always enjoyed cold weather for doing tree work.