1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some wierd operation on my plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Frostysnow, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

I have and E-60 on my ram 2500 and sometimes when i go to "raise" the plow is just turns. Sometimes it turns then raises and sometimes it works normally. I am assuming this is a wiring problem, but have you guys had anything like this?

2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I believe you have a bad valve. I don't know witch one it is on a 60, I only have 47's.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't say which way it angles instead of raising but I'll bet it angles left...

It definitely could be a wiring problem but it can also be the B valve/coil.

First check the B coil for magnetism ( the one with the red wire)

If it doesn't have magnetism, check the wire right at the valve with a test light while holding the controller in the raise position... if it doesn't have power, start checking over the wiring including all the connector plugs for corrosion or a loose terminal pin..

If it does have magnetism at the coil then the valve itself is sticking..you can try removing it and cleaning it, but usually you just need to replace them..

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it's just sticky sometimes a good flush with Hydraflush will free them up. If the coil offers any resistance coming off the valve with-out showing signs of corrosion definitely replace, the barrel's swollen and will continue to give you trouble.

As B&B said replacing is the best for assuring your little ghost dosen't return to haunt you in the middle of the night.