1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some video of removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 5, 2010.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Figured I would share some video of doing some snow removal from the top of a parking garage. 4 skids total, Cat 262, Cat 226, Deere 325 and Gehl 5640 (mine)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQW1_horcUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQW1_horcUk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7W2G6BLmMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q7W2G6BLmMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Nice vids, where is the CAT putting the snow?

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

over the side, goes down 4 stories to a pile below where there is a Cat 924 and several tri-axel dump trucks.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That is awsome!!!!!.....one question though is your Gehl running nitrous? It makes that JD look like its moving at a snails pace:laughing:

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Mine is pretty fast and does have a turbo 82 hp. The Deere 325 blew up the motor last winter and they replaced it and said they feel it is slower now and they don't know why. But yes I run circles around all of them, the 226 is slow and the 262 is even slower they both are single speed.

7. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

lol...wow that's impresive only seeing skids doing snow removal,are the worth to have? then to just have a backhoe?

and i see some r having fun making wheelys lol

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

The skids are used because thats what fits. Most of these garages have clearence height of 7'1 some even lower, so skid is what will fit and be more productive.

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i would look into the kage system it might speed up the job. btw nice job

10. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Thats a heck of an operation, nice job.

11. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

The kage system would be nice but would serve no use in this application. This is snow removal not plowing. This removal is done the night after the storm. During the storm a pick-up truck plows the snow on the decks to the corners. There is one dump site on the upper deck all the snow from the corners must get to that corner, that is where the skids come in to transport the snow from the various corners to the dump spot. Pushing the snow wouldn't help only make a mess.

12. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

K it was hard to tell from the video

13. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

The Gehl 5640 and 6640 with the 2 speed

option are the fastest ground speed machines made.

14. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Ohh yea 12.3mph! was one of the reasons I bought the Gehl, gets crapped on by other who blindly throw money at the big names but at the end of the day I am more productive and have made more profit then them. Looking at adding a V270 to the mix in the spring, it is new vertical lift skid from Gehl, pretty much the same as the 5640 but more compact and has vertical lift.

15. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Great video! Post More when you get a chance. Would love to see the crews on the ground loading those tri axles. Good luck this season. Let It Snow.

16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

My PT80 will go 15mph.

Nice video. We have to dump our snow over the edge while we plow ours.

J.

17. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

knockah i was thinking the same thing...if you click on the video's here so the open in youtube you can go to his profile and there are videos of the 924 loading

18. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I will have more next time, I purchased some mounts to get better views of dumping over the edge and for below, was windy the other night and didn't want to loose the camera and all we had was duct tape.

Can't dump off while plowing for the fact of the dump sites are all street side. Some other garages around town have bins that stack up before removal, all these garage are dump and need to be loaded and hauled right away because they are imposing on other areas.

Thanks for all the compliments this is what I like doing the best, plowing is fun but this is more relaxed and fun as you can see the deere popping wheelies. We enjoy doing it and work very well together which makes it great.

19. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

not even a small tractor would fit?just slap on a big bucket?

20. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I'm surprised to not see bigger buckets on the skid's?