1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some upset customers, need quick advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yellowsnow, Jan 21, 2006.

1. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Junior Member
    from midwest

Just got a call from one of my condo customers. Apparently one of the trucks had a small hydro leak and dripped on several of the driveways. Some of the residents are a little upset. Will hydro fluid stain like oil or will it fade farely soon? Is there any products I can use to clean up some of the concrete drives?

2. Ian

Ian Member

If it is still fresh and wet, try dish soap and a scrub brush. "Joy" brand seems to work especially well for some reason.

3. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

Never tried it but I heard Vodka works excellent.

4. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

powdered laundry soap.

works great. grind it into the stain. when things melt, oil will run off wiht it.

5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

it will eventually disappear. We had a 90 degree elbow go on a Case backhoe, that thing leaked all the way from the house it broke on, up the drive, up the road and onto the trailer until we shut the backhoe off. Its gone now, it was only on there for around 2 months.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We use Dawn Dish detergent. Works great, breaks down the oil and it washes away.

7. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the tips, condo pres. was really cool about it and calmed the other residents down. I did get a chance to look at the damage and its very minor, just a few drips here and there.

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They don't have anything better to do than scope the drive out with a magnifying glass:rolleyes:

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Wait until someone finds a scratchmark from the plow!! :rolleyes: Yuppies!

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Thats like this guy i delivered 6 Norway Spruce to over the summer. He called me up bitchin because there were tire marks on his driveway. Not even from me, from whoever was mowing his lawn with a zero-turn. Im like listen, its a freakin driveway relax, itll rain and be all better. Assh*le

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sometimes you have to spell it out for these idiots- is big bold type. Contract states we are not responsible for damage to driveway surface from our services or equipment used in our services. Includeing, but not limited to, scraping and scratching.

12. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Condo's suck!!!!! along with all the same complaints as above i even had a woman call and complain about salt dust on the trees in the complex during a major snow storm. I show up and find her on top of a pile with her washing off the tree she starts yelling at me cuz iam killing the trees OMG!! WTF and its snowing like h#$$. I just drove away and dumped them JERKS... Get a life.:dizzy: