1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some tree work

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Nov 17, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

This is why this part of the season is soo stressful. Getting plowing equipment ready to go and working on the trucks while still doing other landscaping stuff.

We caught a quick break from leaf cleanups to let us use the dump to haul some wood. We do small scale tree removal but anything dangerous or larger we call our buddies in. We use and sell firewood so he'll call us to take away any wood the client doesnt want.

This job was just down the street from us. His father in law bought this house recently and they took out about 4 trees and 1 from a neighbor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great pictures. Why couldn't they cut the whole tree down?

4. PTSolutions

while there was plenty of room to fall the tree, i think it would've been harder to buck the tree on the ground and get the limbs to the chipper cause it had to sit on the driveway.

5. PTSolutions

more pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. PTSolutions

7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures, thats right up my ally, chainsaws, skid steers, and boom trucks... cool!

8. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

pretty cool operation they have

9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice pics of the tree company. My dad and I have done it on the side for about 8 years. A crane is the way to go. Dropping a tree just makes a huge mess that you have to fix like the ruts in the grass and its harder to cut and roll the tree on the ground.

10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i have never seen you guys before where are you located at?

11. PTSolutions

just south of cleveland, by 77 & 480

pics of the piles that we get to split! yay!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. PTSolutions

13. randomb0b123

from america

thats really close to my house and i still dont reckognize any of your trucks? i live really close to rockside in independence

14. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Only the red chevy in this thread is his. He has some nice fords in another thread. The first post says the tree company and its equipment are owned by a friend of his.

15. randomb0b123

from america

oook i get it now but i still dont reckognize those tree trucks. i want to work for them bwahaha!

16. randomb0b123

from america

soooooo i saw in the what are you hauling thread that you had a big equipment trailer on your f350, that dosent happen to be for rent does it? haha

17. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Don't miss that kind of work. Did tree removal for about 10 years. Although I was in great shape back than!

18. PTSolutions

actually, jim the owner will probably be looking for some workers, as two of the guys there are taking going to be fireman.

no the trailers not for rent, why do you say that? although i do a lil bit of contract hauling if need be.

we live right of ridgewood, that house is right at the intersection of ridgewood and crossview. have you seen our big enclosed? front half is charcoal grey and the back half is burgundy? thats our mowing trailer thats out almost every day.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice equipment and stuff! That looks like fun. I had a stressful last 2 weeks as well. People kept calling for work, but needed to get the plows out and stuff. I bid a couple jobs really high so it would be worth my while.