1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some storm pics from this past week

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We got a couple plowable events at least!

Nothing extreme, 2" one time and 4" the 2nd time. Here are a few pictures i snapped in the few seconds i had to spare :/ When we are more prepared with extra employees next time ill have more seconds to spare myself :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics
    that superduty is awesome!

4. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Theres also fifteen 50lb bags of ice melter along side the skids of salt back there! i coulda stacked another pallet on top of those two if i didnt think it would be so top heavy...6000lbs+ in weight and its like nothing

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

55w fog lights for the spreaders!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ramairfreak98ss

7. Ramairfreak98ss

8. Ramairfreak98ss

9. Ramairfreak98ss

10. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    NOTICE dealer installed light beam backwards on a 06 used 8' Boss plow we got lol

11. Ramairfreak98ss

it sure is !

12. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

the dualy with the style grille i have looks awesome i havent seen a black one with that style grille around here

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice trucks and JD seems like everything is kept in tip top shape

14. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

very nice equipment! looks great

15. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

Nice Dually and Deere! Do you have the pusher on another trailer or truck to transport?

16. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Nice setup! Are you the owner of the company?

17. Ramairfreak98ss

yes/no, i sometimes transport the plows/push box etc on an 18' landscape open trailer, but that trailer and box, and plow usually stay onsite. too much running back and forth when i dont need to.

The trailer is by far not the most ideal for the tractor, its a 14' dump trailer box, 14k rating, its about 7inches too short to fit the boom of the loader and tractor rear ballast weight box inside for transport, so it has to be loaded as seen, the truck can take the weight up front more so thats not an issue.

I planned, still plan to get a 2 axle 14k or 3 axle 21k 30~ft flat deck over gooseneck trailer hopefully this spring. Id like the ability to load the tractor, push box, and 84" bucket on and have room to spare. I can then also transport pallets of salt easier and i think im going to get a seasonally "fabed up" 7' x7' salt box up front on the new trailer. If we have any larger sites next year i can transport a few tons of salt on the trailer and load it onsite into the bulk spreaders, anything left goes back with us. Most place at least in NJ wont allow bulk salt piles on their lots. Theyll allow pallets covered in the back sometimes but thats it.

We try to keep everything maintained well, stuff wears out and gets damaged though... Everything is washed as often and soon as possible with the temps. All eqiupment besides trucks/trailers are stored indoors or in enclosed trailers all year. Im still working to get garage space for every truck and for the trailers one day too. Next year we will be keeping the enclosed trailers indoors as well for the winter months when theyre really not in use.

18. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah it had the chrome package too ;) My other 06 didnt have it when i bought that 2 years ago, i think its always rubbed me the wrong way that i didnt get the fancier ford 5" tubular step rails and had the straight 4" ones.. not a huge deal but i always noticed so many crew cabs with the chrome package later i always thought about it.

I didnt know if i liked the dually or the short bed or the truck being black when i first looked at it. My 03 F150 is black and i wasnt thrilled about a 2nd black truck, but it does look awesome. The vinyl is all reflective, looks neat at night

The truck, although id rather a long bed, is awesome, carrys way more than my other f350, although i thought that carried a ton to begin with, has the 4.30 rear end gears for the tow boss package, 15k 2.5" receiver, only thing it doesnt have is a sunroof i guess, dont need that though. I had to buy a block heater cord for it and thats about it.

4x4 shift on the floor wont engauge though unless i manually flip the hubs, not sure why. With at least 2-3k in the back, you'd never need 4x4 plowing unless your on ice or pushing a mountain

I put it in 4x4 the other day when i had less than 1300lbs in the back.

Im sure trucks like F550s and 2000lb bodys and 5000lbs in the rear wont ever need 4wd but id still probably not buy a 2wd f550.

19. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Really nice stuff and you take great photos. Is it frustrating that you don't get to use that stuff more often, being it doesn't snow that much in NJ?

20. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Pics...Even nicer equipment..

Keep em coming if ya got em:drinkup: