1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some snow and wind

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by grandview, Feb 10, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Only a couple of inches but with the wind blowing it would get to be whiteouts.Wind chills down to -20 tonight!

snow 2-10-08 001 (Small).jpg

snow 2-10-08 002 (Small).jpg

snow 2-10-08 003 (Small).jpg

snow 2-10-08 004 (Small).jpg

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we have the same thing going on right now. but its less than 1/2 and inch.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. How come your not out plowing??

4. grandview

It's blowing so hard it's blowing the lots clean. Might go and check after it calms down tonight.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like there is lot of snow down. How much do you think you got? IS the wind going to let up? It is the same here, the wind is going to continue through tomorrow afternoon. No snow though.

6. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Did the same thing here this afternoon, about a 1/2 inch in 15 minutes..

CH

7. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

whos walking outside every 4hrs to start up the rigs?....****...my truck is running all night..im not taking the chance of it not starting..its 1st in line of defense for blocking the wind amongst the other trucks.

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

well my diesel is plugged in inside my garage. and my other truck is at the shop in the garage. so im not worried. but we dont have enouph to plow. we have 1 crew at the hospital salting and sanding and thats about all we can do b/c there isnt enouph snow. if they drop the blades they will just do damage to the plows.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice pics Grand

10. grandview

Hey grass,when it get to you it with turn to rain!:realmad:

11. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

I went out earlier and GV is right, not a lot of snow but blowing like crazy and no sign of letting up. 50+ mph winds and bone chilling temps. 4* F above right now. The wind chill is reported to be - 8* below. :eek: