1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some pictures of my equipment at work

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wakesetter2001, Feb 6, 2008.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

Working on an airport hanger association that had about 36" in 4 days.

February 1, 2008 018.jpg

February 1, 2008 040.jpg

February 1, 2008 002.jpg

February 1, 2008 005.jpg
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, Need to get a blade for the chevy!
  3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

sweet! I'd love to drive a big machine like that during the storm, would be so much fun I think.
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

How does the 247 do with that pusher? How big is it?

Do you do the ramp?
  5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

nice pics! i love the tracks
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you should put a snoway on the chevy :nod:
  7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You have some real nice equipment there. My little nephew who is 6 loves plows and front end loaders. He is going to run the volvo front end loader when he is old enough and work for me. why not get a push box for the front loader or do you just use it when someone calls for its service?
  9. M&P

M&P Junior Member

those are really nice machines, i hope someday to have equipment like that
  10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks Nice sweet pics
  11. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

O man that skid loader with tracks must be pretty sweet!!!!
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice equipment and sweet truck
  13. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

the 928GZ has a rental sticker on it so he probably didn't have a pusher available

nice setup

i am looking to buy a new loader in the spring but it'll probably be a 924g
  14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, where is the plow for that Chevy!?!? That thing would be soooooo sweet for plowing.
  15. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

16. Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning Junior Member
    from CA

247b vs. 257b

I'm looking to buy a piece of equipment soon. The local Cat dealer has a 247b and no 257b. The price is good. Do you have any comments on which unit is better for all around work. I will not be loading dump tucks that often.
  17. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

The push box is an 8' Erskine and I love the thing. The 247 handles it just fine, I have no complaints at all. The Chevy is a 3500 and is only used to haul the 247. You can't see it in the picture but there is an 18', 14000 pound, Load Trail Equipment trailer behind the Dually. If I where you Lazy Lightning I would go with the 247b. 257 is the same engine but is about 900-1000 pounds heavier. I had a 257 rented last year and I didn't think it could get out of its own way. I am very happy with my 247 and glad that is what I settled for. I work with two other contractors moving snow in a country mall in this same resort, both are running 8' Erskine push boxes, one on a ASV SR-80, and one on a 297c custom painted all black, it is sweat looking machine and handles the box better then my 247 does do to the machine being heavier. I will try to get a picture of it next time I see him.

I don't usually do the ramp, runway, taxi way, or tarmac but this storm hammered them. There plow broke in the middle and they had 3-5' covering the entire airport do to drifting. I spent about 30 hours helping them get it back up and operating. I usually only do the hanger area.
  18. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice machines it looks like they get the job done
  19. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Sweet equipment. :D