1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Pics of this years fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by joeyg999, Dec 23, 2013.

1. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

I have done snow for 10 years. I took a break for 5 and got back into it last year with a contract that was to hard to refuse. Last year I had 1 truck 05 chevy with a meyer mini.

This year I am climbing the ladder again.

First is last years truck.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg
    Took of the tool box and welded a basket for bagged salt in.
    IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg [/ATTACH]

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

2. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Few more Pics

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    This is the 3500hd when I bought it in sept. I replaced replaced the fenders,hood,doors,rockers,and floor pans.
    130526_0002.jpg Last years salt truck I got sick of 4 tons through the mini>Truck sold spreader on the new 1ton

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

130526_0002.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

3. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

I've got my DOT inspections done getting lettering and names on the trucks after the first of the year Dam INS renew-ell is coming up in a week.

We have had a busy month of Dec with 1 storm and salting 4 times. I currently am contracted for 30 acres and am getting it done. The 3500hd had the plow on it for the fist time this weekend and did great. I put a virgin driver in it and he kicked some ass. I learned in a tri axle doing interstate 95 south of boston. I figure learn in the toughest truck and the rest will be easy.

I have a few good guys working for me and the biggest problem I have is finding more dependable help. I have only been in Kansas 2 years and spend most of my time working.

I rely a ton on friends and family to get things done. I've got alot riding on this season (every thing I made last year and then some) and it looks like it is going to pay off.

This thread is being posted to show the guys just getting into this that you can build it from the ground up and not to get discouraged by the bigger guys. Give 110% and you will succeed.

I only do snow with these trucks and am in the middle of getting a Repo/Tow service going and still working for the man 40-50hrs a week.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice little fleet there.

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Nice job on the trucks. Just one question, you do 30 acres with only 3 trucks? How does that work?

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I suppose if its wide open and in office complex or something that's only open 8-10 hours a day. Shopping mall or like I wouldn't see working.

7. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

I've leased on another truck from a friends company dodge 2500 with a 9' hiniker scoop plow. I also have a 05 2500 chevy it just so happened to have a sick plow this weekend.

We do some large apt complexes where the drive lanes need to be opened during storms. The spots are done when they call in. It is a PITA at times but worth it.

I rent a lot for trade work that is a central vac supply/ distributor and cross fit gym it is 2.5 acres and our agreement is hit it on the way out then clear loading docks and entrance by 6" and have it complete within 24hrs.

There is a mix of commercial as well that go pretty quick they all have a 24hr window as well. Every thing is in 5 square miles and I do feel stretched out at times there is also some friends in the business in the area with 5-10 trucks if needed. I have not needed to call them yet.

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

That two-tone western hauler is pretty cool!

9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job getting back into it. You must be working almost 24/7 with a regular 40hr/week job + snow business + starting a repo business! :dizzy: wesport

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Wow that's impressive.

11. ks_grasscutter

ks_grasscutter Junior Member

Pretty sure I seen your ad on the Wichita Craigslist. If you ever need a sub in Hutch I am taking about anything I can get lol.

12. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

I hope to be done working for the man here soon. They did just give a raise too but are very aware of what I am doing. I do know some good people to sub for in the Hutch area PM me and I can get you in contact with them.

13. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

don't you do work in lawrence? i swear i saw that chevy duallie leaving pines the other day to go salt...

14. ks_grasscutter

ks_grasscutter Junior Member

I tried to send you a PM on here but I realized I don't have enough posts yet to send PMs haha. Gotta make 3 more posts first.

15. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a nice fleet.