1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some pics of my plow truck (with modifications to accomidate 8" lift)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kentuckydiesel, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Here it is. '79 dodge

plow01.JPG

plow02.JPG

plow03.JPG

plow04.JPG

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow you did a nice job of custom fitting that thing. Does it function fully without problem?

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very, very nice job!:waving:

4. Kentuckydiesel

I am having a little trouble with the plow valves but that has nothing to do with the modifications. Aside from the valves, it works flawlessly. I even plowed some gravel to make sure it wasn't flexing at all. Not sure how it could though, that's all 1/4" thick, 3" angle, welded at every place it meets up, front and back. -Phillip

5. Kentuckydiesel

BTW, thanks for the complements guys. It all fell into place pretty well. No big things in my way. With this setup, I don't really loose much, if any ground clearance. -phillip

6. 24-7

24-7 Junior Member

Looks good,nice rig:cool:

7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

great job with the modifications, but i can't see the lift kit being practical for a plow truck. (don't get me wrong i like lifted trucks, just not for plowin snow)

8. green leaf

green leaf Junior Member

Will it fit out of the garage:eek:

9. Kentuckydiesel

You're right, it's not practical, but I already had the truck, it wasn't doing anything, so I tossed a plow on it. I didn't want to drop it again because I would have had to buy new driveshafts, pitman arm, steering arm, etc. plus i would have had to redo the spring hangers on the front. The way this truck is set up now, the plow frame doesn't hang below the springs so it won't hang up on things like they do on most trucks.
    My only regret is it's hard to see the plow, but then again, the plow is hard to see on all trucks I've plowed with.

-Phillip

10. Kentuckydiesel

Barely. I have to wire the garage door up about 2 inches above where it normally stops. :dizzy: -Phillip