1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Pics of my Driveway

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by tkahike, Mar 18, 2007.

1. tkahike

tkahike Member

These are from the March 16/17 storm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  2. tkahike

tkahike Member

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How long is your driveway?

4. tkahike

tkahike Member

A mile from the road.

5. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

It's 5,280' ? I thought mine was long enough at 750'. Hippy.

6. DeereFarmer

I love long driveways. You can get going pretty good and they are easy to do. I live on a private road with 4 houses that I do and it is about 1750 feet for just the road before the seperate driveways. I thought that was long! Someday I'll have a farm with a two mile drive.

7. tkahike

tkahike Member

It's a mile from the county road. I'm the only house on it, but part of it serves a state park building before my house.

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Lets hear some details about the Rig.

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

For starters, he got himself set up with a top-notch plow from Fisher. That's 90% of his success in doing the big job.

~Kevin

10. DeereFarmer

... and he has a Ford. I'd say his bating 1000 right now lol.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

No, I just let that one slide because he has good taste in plows!! j/k.... I do like Ford trucks

12. tkahike

tkahike Member

1994 Ford 250 with 63,000 on it, with lumbar (that's getting more important as I get older-LOL). 5.8L, with an 8 ft fisher.

She's a beast. In the 2nd pic, you can see my old 1990 Ford 150. She finally took the ghost last year with 200,000 on her. I had a Western Uni-mount Pro on that. That was my first, then my backup truck.

13. DeereFarmer

Wow, that is a nice low mile truck. I had a '96 F150 with 140K on it that had the 5.8L. It was a beast of a truck. Drank gas worse than my F250, but even with all those miles still didn't hesitate towing a loaded two horse trailer through the hills of NY at 65 MPH. On top of everything it was 98 degrees out. Those lumbar seast sure do help alot.

14. tkahike

tkahike Member

I don't use it as much as I should. Plus I really just kept running the old truck, wanting to put the miles up on it before it went. Actually it only has a blown rear engine seal, I just don't feel like pulling the engine out to fix it. Otherwise it is a good running truck still.