1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Pics of my 2003 GMC 2500hd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mustangmike45, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

Here's a few pics of my 2003 GMC 2500HD. I just traded in my old Boss 8' super duty for the v-blade and the spreader is about a month old as well. I have plowed the last 2 storms with the new v-blade, and man I can't imagine going back to a straight blade anymore!

thanks for looking!

Pictures 003.jpg

Pictures 004.jpg

Pictures 002.jpg

Pictures 005.jpg
  2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! How many accounts do you service? Do you have any strobes on the truck?
  3. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

I service 7 commercial accounts and 3 residentials. also have about 50% of all sidewalks in downtown cedar rapids! I will have most if not all of them next year though. No, I don't have any strobes or lights on the truck. 3 of the accounts that I do are parking garages and they have a 7' clearance in them so if I had lights on the roof they would be ripped off.
  4. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

You shovel all the walks or got equipment?? ALso you guys sweep and line stripe and pics of that equipment?? Looks great.
  5. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

for the walks we have 5 of the TORO Snow Commander blowers, they really move the snow! as well as a ton of shovels and earthway spreaders. The sidewalks are about 12 feet wide in our downtown.

Yes, we sweep parking lots and stripe. It might be awhile till I can get those pics as the stuff is put away for the winter. For stripes I use 2 Graco line lazer 5900's with drivers and a 3900 that can be pushed. Sweeping is done with 2 tennant 6600 sweepers that run on propane.
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

dam sweet lot of sidewlaks how many guys work for you??
  7. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

believe it or not, in the summer it's just me and one other guy doing all the painting and sweeping, long hours but the $ is awesome! winter time I have myself and 4 others and we get it all done in about 6 hours!

8. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Man id love to do line painting.. seems like it would be all night work and a lot of money to be made fast coming out of winter??
  9. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

yep, its mostly night work. Starting about April 1st this year (or whenever the ground temp gets above 35-40 degrees) I have over 50 contracts signed to paint stripes already! This is way ahead of last year, so I hope it keeps coming in like this. The more it snows the more people will call in the spring as snow removal scrapes all the old paint off. So I guess you could say the 2 kind of go hand in hand? Yes to answer your question, the money is very good coming out of winter and all the way up til October. Guess it pays to work your butt off and pay attention to every small detail as I am only 26yrs old and started doing this commercially (instead of just our family's parking ramps) about 2 years ago!
  10. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

nice work man very very nice to see your doing so good.... we need to talk .. I wana get going in this down the road.. any advice?? Doesnt seem like you need huge equipment to get going in it.
  11. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

Nice set-up there...sounds like you are pretty committed doing it with one other guy during the warmer months.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good, i would be intrested in the summer equipment as well
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man that is a nice truck, nice lettering too!
  14. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

thanks for all the awesome replies guys! lawn care18 and super grassy pm me and i can get you guys some info as well as some sites to check out that has some great guys that can help as well just like this site
  15. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks good!:nod::waving:
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck! :DDid you have any suspension work done to it?
  17. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

A black GMC and a red Boss. I don't think you can get to much better than that. lol Very nice truck.
  18. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Good looking truck. I'll have to keep my eye open for your truck. My girlfriend lives up there in Ceder Rapids so I'm up there some.
  19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats what I was wondering too its sits pretty high but I think it looks nice like that
  20. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

The only suspension work that has been done to it is some timbrens in the rear and turned up the torsion bars in front. The truck will hold 4000lbs of salt in the bed and not squat at all! I love this truck, it's a workhorse.