1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some pics of breakdowns from last storm

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here are some pics will have to post multiple times.
    First set from our truck, some how the fan let go and carved a nasty gash into the radiator.

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

This one is pretty bad, I hope it will be covered under warranty

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is that cylinder on a Snowing?

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

So I'm not the only one with break downs.... I could add a few from our own mishaps.

5. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Stuff happens, part of owning a fleet and being in the biz. Hope everything got fixed for you

6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yep and the plow has no other damage, hit a curb and that's the damage he sustained. I will get the full scoop tomorrow on how it happened.

Oh I know, I was not complaining just thought I would share some of the mishaps that happen. I was extremely grateful all this happen the day after the 10 inches we got. Went and got parts at the scrap yard and it should be good to go by tomorrow.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Paul, I am not happy you have breakdowns but for some reason its comforting to see other people with bent and broken iron. I have spent quite a few hours laying in a snowbank welding and straightening in the middle of the night. I guess misery loves company. Hope you get it all fixed up quickly.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

loaned the plow to someone last season, came back like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I feel your pain Paul.
    After that last storm we brought 4 tractors,2 toolcats and 2 pick ups back to our shop for repairs.
    Two toolcats and one skidsteer went to the dealers.
    Working on almost a third of your fleet at once is a pain.
    Damn heavy snow.
    Oddly enough the 3 jeeps came thru with no breakdowns.
    Go figure

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ouch,we were very fortunate that the break downs happened after peak clearing times. This past Sunday I wanted to take something out to make more room for future snow and John refused to let another piece leave the shop. He said everything that was leaving that day was coming back broken and he could not handle the stress if I came back with something broken. Needless to say I was able to take it out last night, and it came back problem free. I think everything has been repaired just in time for tonight's storm of 6/10 inches.