1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some pics for the guys asking about 1/2 tons

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

...Here's mine. It's from last year so some things have been added that are not show.

Enjoy fockers.

Plow Install 0581.jpg

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A few more.

Plow Install 0621.jpg

Plow Install 0641.jpg

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

One more all cleaned up. Just because I love her. (Even though I'd sell her in a minute for a 3/4 ton Diesel. :D

More pics 0041.jpg

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks good Bad Luck. Maybe we need to bring back the Pics of your truck thread for all the new members?

William

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Thanks man. I figured I've seen enough posts about people asking if you can put a plow on these trucks I'd show 'em first hand.

6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thats an awesome truck. I love those silverado's with ext cabs

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Glad to see I'm not the only one still plowing with half-tons. Seems like nowadays people think you are commiting a crime if you don't plow with a 3/4hd, (not even the regular 3/4's seem to be enough anymore). Sharp truck by the way.

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don't forget about my 1/2 ton plow pushing machine. She did me very well last winter! :nod:

The truck is still looking good BL! But that plow is still the wrong color...but hey, in Jersey I guess that's all you need. :D

Buck

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

PremierLand - Thanks!!

grassmanvt - Yeah it does alright for a 1/2 ton and id more than capable of plowing. Given the oppourtunity though, I would go with a 3/4. Just for warranty and peace of mind issues.

Buck - :nono: Don't talk smack about a Jersey Guys Plow :gunsfiring:

We all know the only reason your truck did "ok" is because you hung a piece of tin off the front of it. :D

Seriously, thanks man. Keeping that thing clean is more work than plowing with it. Hey, did you have to have your intermediate steering shaft replaced yet under that TSB? I'm getting a knock in the steering wheel and I think that's what's causing it.

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I hear ya on the "keeping it clean" thing. Mine is black also with the graphics and I think I'm going with either white or tan/pewter next time. Although I had a red Durango before the Silverado and it was easy to keep clean.

No problems on the steering, in fact this truck as been trouble free. I know I shouldn't say that as now it'll fall apart but dang...I can't complain. Now go get yourself a manly plow... :D

Buck

11. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Verry nice!! Even tho' I don't like the "New" Chevy's! Kinda give me that "George Jetson" feeling. :nod:

12. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I'm with you on the white or pewter. Although they do have a blue that's pretty nice too!

I'll have to look and see if I can find one of those "manly" plows somewhere. :D

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah that blue is pretty sharp. And that yeller plow ya got would look better with the blue truck then the white plow would. You know I'm yanking your chain, the Fisher is a dang good plow. I can't remember, did you throw Timbrens in AND crank the torsions? I absolutely need to one or the other before the snow flies this year...maybe both.

Buck

14. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Ahhh...in all honesty the big 4 are all great plows. Western, Meyer, Blizzard and Fisher.

I did both. Cranked them and added Timbrens. This year I think I'm going to put the Ford Keys in to help level it out.

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Ford Keys? Help me out on that one...never heard of them. Is your front still sitting low?

Buck

16. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Supposedly you can swap out your torsion keys for the ones the put into the F-150. This re-indexes your torsion bars, giving you a greater lift in the front without having to crank your torsion bars essentially leveling the truck. They only run about 20 beans a piece (there's two). It doesn't sit too low, but I would like it to sit level, and I think that my torsion bars are cranked too much putting way too much stress on my trucks cross member and on those bolts.

I'm still doing some searching....I'll let you know what I come up with.

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah, do that. Let me know because I'm definitely going to do something this year. I didn't have any problems with bottoming out last year but it just looked awful. Looked like a 2wd truck... :eek:

Buck

18. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice, some of you have some bada$$ plow trucks!

I only have a 91 f150 that i wont use a plow on, only do snowblowing, but id reallllllly like a new f250/350 or gmc/chevy 2500hd or 3500 non dually if i get really lucky. They have some nice $45k trucks new at dealers now for about 30k ... just dont have that much either. :cry:

19. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Hey, Badluck great looking chey! I have 2500hd same color and love it. I have a curtis 7.5ft ( to fit in garage ) happy plowing :nod: