1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Pics After 1st Push...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ross3031, Dec 10, 2010.

1. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Heres a couple pics from after our first push. Its from one of the two propertys I do myself, its one of our best paying and most important. The wind that morning was nasty, blew snow back over curbs very quickly, but still came out pretty decent. This is before our salt truck got there too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice work...looks neat and clean

4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks Good. What wheels do you have and how are they holding up to the winter weather?

5. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

very nice scraped down very well

how big is that lot

how long does it take you by yourself ?

6. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

I'm in love with that truck!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice looking truck...keep up the good work

8. Love the truck

9. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I really like your truck. the red and black is a nice combo!

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Scrape looks good. Doesn't look like there was much accumulation.

The little pile seems to be next to island in the parking lot....instead of on the island.

11. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Thanks fellas.

The rims are a set of ProComps that I had powdercoated (with 3 coats) of black, they're gonna hold up just fine. The tires are Kumho KL71 MT's, the first 15k i LOVED these tires, traction was awesome. BUT, ive got about 28k on them now and they're pretty much done, worn out.

I believe the parking lot is roughly 3.5 acres total. Its a zero tolerance account, if we cant burn the snow off with salt then we push it. So anywhere from an inch to 3 inches or so i can get done in under 2 hours. 4-6 inches and its more like 3-4 hours, At this lot the V works AMAZING. I'd never go back to a straight plow

TCLA, after i took the pics, i went back and tucked up the islands, theres 4 of them right in a row like that to tuck in.

12. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sharp looking truck you have there, nice job on the lot

13. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Very nice truck and good work man.

14. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

Truck looks good man

15. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

get a set of wings for that plow, you'd be surprised how much those few inches help, especially in preventing flow over.

16. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Im likin the truck, looks like a sweet setup, good work on the lot too...

Oh hows your left leg after the storm?

17. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Ross, you have one very, VERY sharp looking Ford. I wish I had one that was that nice.

18. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

deer,
    I thought about wings for a while but never followed up with it, i guess i just havent thought i've needed them yet.

Drew,
    Honestly, its never really bothered me. I've plowed with manual trucks for about 6 years now, dont think i ever wanna go back to an auto, I used one of our autos 2 or 3 times last year and im just so much faster with a stick. Im coming up to the pile/curb and then backing up without really ever pausing. Obviously you gotta have a hand controller for the plow, but i love plowing with a stick.

19. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

nice.. i see the cleveland clinic sign back there..which location is that?

20. smuniga

smuniga Junior Member

ross3031 Very nice looking truck! Just curious, I am from Oberlin,OH and I am ready to install a 8' western unimount on my F350, since you are close by would it be alright to ask your advice in case I run into any snags.