1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some people *iss me off!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jonw440, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I was on my way to a few driveways the first storm.
    I went past an insurance agency and saw they weren't plowed yet. (1PM)
    A guy I used to work with son-in law was plowing it last year.
    I stopped and asked if they wanted me to plow. He said, SURE I don't know what happened to my regular guy.
    He was very happy with my work. The last storm I called his grandson(Who I also plow)and asked if his Grandfather wants me to plow again (7AM). He said yup, he does.
    I went yesterday to pickup my check and he told me the guy from last year stopped by and is willing to continue plowing this year!!!!!!!!!
    (I'm like what the ****)
    He has his truck insurance with him, so the owner said if I call you because the other guy didn't show up will you come and plow?
    In my head I was thinking OK but next time the price will go up 50%!!

2. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I would never work for anyone...I advertise and get my own contracts.

3. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

Not smart on his part. Obviously he can't rely on the guy...

4. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I'm confused...did you get authorization from the owner of the property or the owner of the property's son, grandson, or whatever?

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

well my response would be sure but, if i do i will want a signed contract for the rest of the season at x amount per plow and a minimum of 10 pushes up front. (just like insurance dictates to me) :bluebounc :drinkup:

6. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

The insurance agent's(Tony) Grandson(mark) called him while I was plowing the Grandsons(Mark) drive way.