1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some paint job progress real fire

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jeffw, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2048045/2

here for you viewing is the f 150 im repainting. its all cleared now and all flames are done just a cut n buff tomorrow and i start reassembling..

check it out let me know wht ya think.. ill post up more pics tomorrow
    jeff

2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

You shot that outside? Great job!

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Jeff, that's amazing! Looks great. I didn't poke round at that other site at all, but I would not be surprised if you got a call from Chip Foose or one of the other custom builders!

About how much time do you think it would take to do my Freightliner like that? I should shoot my helmut up to you in the mean time...

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

With skillz like that...I sure wouldn't be plowing!!

5. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

thanks guys... this project took two weeks full time to complete. i was on vacation.. damn back to work tomorrow...yes i did it outside with no real booth to speak of just the tent. its not bad if you pick when to shot carefully no wind right temps and time of day is most important. late day the bugs come looking for the paint.. clear for sure they love it like candy.... it took me about 13 hours for just that flames.. includes tailgate all four wheel wells and hood.

for a start to finish job on a biger truck i would say two to four full days.. depending on how much prep i had to do.. removing parts, trim, mirrors, taping wet sanding ect clear coat and if i did the cut and buff that adds two more days. so saftly a full week then there is no rush. that would mean i would have to take another vacation :bluebounc

jeff

6. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Jeff:

Wow !! You do great work. Best flames I have ever seen :)

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

im not one for flames. but those do look really good. white flames look real sharp too. nice nice job, those look damn sharp

8. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

cardomain is updated with the completed pics if you want to see it done. now off to the sale paper with it. need some cash for my blizzard purplebou

jeff

[​IMG]

9. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Junior Member

:drinkup: That is one sweet ride!

I have to admit, I did not like it at first, but the more detail I realize and seeing it completed really brought it all together. The flames look so realistic, awesome job!

10. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

i hate fords and flames on trucks...but that is bada**...like someone said earlier..with skills like that...i wouldn't be plowing...great job especially seeing how your outside...