1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some ones tax dollars at work

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by keitha, Feb 5, 2009.

1. keitha

keitha Senior Member

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicI would love to have a machine like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. A Man

A Man Senior Member

That town must not have a clue, I guess Neige has been doing it wrong after all.........bobcat loaders are better for loading snow:dizzy:

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you would think they would do the research on the machine before they spent the money

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

60 for just the blower or the whole thing including the loader? that would be a great deal if its for the loader and blower i think!

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They probably would be able to use a machine half the size to load trucks. Someone is gonna get a deal. Brand new blower for lower cost. Although, the warranty is probably long gone.

7. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Outrageous!

They will be sorry after they sell it. My town sold its jet powered $250,000 snow melter for $8,000 to an airport authority years ago. Right before the blizzard of '78 hit. Boy did they look foolish.

When you get big snow, a municipality needs big equipment. If you are fighting a fire on a ranch home you don't need an aerial truck. If it is a three story house that is another matter.

They should keep this blower.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The price was for the blower only.

9. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I live in Utica, I would bet you a chicken diner that this machine is too efficient for Utica to keep. They like the over time too much so the longer it takes to clear snow the better. They have been loading single axle dump trucks all week with skid steers, not the way I would do it but I am not paid by tax dollars. It could be that they also think no one is smart enough to run it with out chopping up some pedestrians or a few stop signs. The towns all around Utica have the same machine or something like it and use it often.

10. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

I bet the town mayor and all his kins work there also. Why not milk the tax payers and keep it in the family.

11. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Use to visit that area alot. Turning stone is a few minutes from there right?

12. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yup just a few minutes on the thruway lol. i want whoever is in charge of buying this **** fired as they lack common sense. look at what the cops drive, 2wd tahoes who in the hell would do that, then they have to get hemis, i thought you couldnt out run the radio, wtf is wrong with these guys oh thats right they have to spend theyre money or they lose it. i say someone should be held accountable for these stupid purchases imo

13. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Damn, i'd be pissed if i lived there. Typical government operations.