1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some of our tractors from the last big storm.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD Dave, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

#1 Thank goodness I didn't have to listen to Taylor Swift again. Dire Straights is a much more "manlier" choice shall we say?

#2 You allow red tractors on your sites?

#3 Nice technique in the first vid, I use that as often as I can.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The red one's are subs and they're are the first one's we've had with front 3 point hitches. I think if I ever buy another new one I'll go that way. The 6150R is a subs also so maybe I should rename the title to some of our subs tractors.

4. Mark Oomkes

I figured knowing you, that they were subs.

Just don't buy any Massey's............although I would like to see your username then. MFer Dave. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That would be funny. I do think the new Massey's are pretty good tractors. Not sure about the smaller ones but the bigger ones are a cheaper version of a Fendt and people seem to be pretty happy with them. A lot of tractors are going on there 11th plowing and we couldn't be happier. We know there will be more repairs in the next years coming but that is to be expected. We bought 4 7220's in 2004 for $74,900 and even on trade in our highest hour one is still worth 46k. We average out at less then $1000/year in maintenance and repairs/tractor so it's pretty easy to figure out if plowing with tractors is a wise decision or not.

6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't see ant Ventracs........Your Loss........:laughing:

Nice Video....Were you running any of those machines or just driving around being a Big Shot.....:drinkup:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I sometimes plow for a while and then I spread salt. My wife says I'm pretty good at it.

8. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

awesome videos. seeing your using HLA's, did u sell your sectionals ? Know u werent happy with the durability.

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just wondering, why ag tractors over loaders? Is it just cost or do you use them for other jobs in the summer?

10. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

was wondering the same thing , asked paul he said a couple of things , Loaders can stack and turn better . But also said both together work great on a lot. Wondering the price difference between loaders and tractors .

11. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

JD Dave
    Is a farmer the rest of the year. I believe he is using what he already has on hand.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We use about half our tractors on the farm the other ones are snow only. When buying new a loader can't come close to making me a return on investment like a tractor can. Also for the same money as a new loader I can have 2 tractors which can be in 2 differnt spots at the same time be it in the same lot of differnt locations. A loader will push more and turn better and get more done but it can't compete with 2 tractors. Plus we know tractors and have a really good relationship with out dealer. Still have the 2 sectionals and just use them as backups.

13. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Wow, without cars in it, that site is huge!!!

14. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Dave just got a few questions for ya. Where is this massive lot it sure isnt in caledon? how do you find time for plowing farmers are buusy or are you just cash crop? Oh and are your subs also farmers?

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

None of the Snow we plow is in Caledon. All of the subs are farmers and yes we cash crop.

16. NickSnow&Mow

where do you plow then?

17. Mark Oomkes

Did you ever think that maybe he doesn't want to let everybody in his area know what and where he plows? So someone can come after those places and bid them?

Especially on an account that size?

18. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He sneaks across the the border and he plows in Grand Rapids, don't tell Mark.

19. NickSnow&Mow

No I didn't actually lol I didn't know the acounts you plow where such a secret especially when company's like clintar leave there equipment in the site with decals on them, I guess it makes sense if it's a really important job.

20. Mark Oomkes

Well son of a.........................

He might as well, since I never knew if my 6.0 was going to start.