1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Of My Plow Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JustUsDe, Aug 16, 2003.

1. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

I was gonna take some pics of my new truck today and post them but since it rained all day that ideal was a wash. So I went through some of my pics that I took during a small snow storm last year and some older when I plowed for the Delaware turnpike. I thought I would share them with you all.

dcp00107.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  2. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Sitting at the salt bin

Sitting at the salt bin

dcp00108.jpg

3. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

me salting i-495

me salting i-495

dcp00110.jpg

4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

salt treated road

salt treated road

dcp00112.jpg

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Great pics:drinkup: What kind of plow is on the truck?

6. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Thanks

Right off hand I'm not sure who makes that plow. With being a state agency it's always Low bid. I know for a few years we were getting them from up north. I think from Mass or Con. I will have to check at work and see who does make the plow.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Great looking trucks :)

8. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Some plow info

meyer22288,

I did some checking around here. This is the best info I could find out about our plows. State agency it's a wonder I found out anything. We have used several differant companies over the years many do to low bid. When we buy our trucks we ussually buy atleast 10 or more at a time and have the plow install included in the bid. The plows in the pictures above I am told are made by a company named Vaulk they are somewhere in Pa. We also have plows made by Henderson in Conn., Hanky in Conn., and Goodroads in Fruitland Md. I'm told that only a municipality can by the Goodroads because they are made by prisoners. I did a quick check on the web for any of these companies and came up empty.

Ray

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Ray thanks for checking out the plows and getting the info. Frink snowplows make a bigger plow they are the color orange and are very popular. I have heard that they went out of business although i am not sure how true that is:)

10. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

11. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Link doesn't work. Could you please fix it?

Geoff

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

13. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

JustUsDe,there some good pictures .I have Frink plows on my triaxles and they are made very stong .

14. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Matt can you post some pics of your frink snowplow please. IM alway interested in frink plow maybe you could give some info and back round on them. thanks!:)

15. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Links

Here are some links to the plows I was talking about that we use at Deldot.

Henke

Hiniker

Valk Plows

Happy surfing

Ray

16. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

inspection time

We are getting ready to go out and inspect all our maintenance area's snow equipment for this year. Here is a link of our inspection for last winter. Lots of plow pics for you plow heads.

http://www.deldot.net/static/photo_gallery/snow_plow_inspection_2002-03/snowplows.html

For some reason you have to paste and copy this link for it to work. Can a mod fix it for me or tell me what is wrong.

I will take some pics of this years inspections and share them with you.

Ray

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003