1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some of my old iron

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Oshkosh, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Thought youd like to see some of my ole iron.
    I'll add photos and discriptions as I can figure this out.lol
    1968 Oshkosh P series 54,000 gvw,11'rh wing,11' frink and belly blade.Ex Dept of Navy
    1979 Autocar Dc,11' rh wing,11' frink front,10yard stainless spreader.Ex New York Thruway.
    1988 Autocar Dk64,10' Baker,10yard spreader.
    1968,1974 Bombardiers, sidewalk machines
    1971 Sicard Snowblower,1,500 ton per hour.
    1985 International S-2500 series.11' patrol wing,11'P/A front,10 yard spreader.Ex Massachusetts Turnpike
    1977 International Fleetstar,10'Anderson front, 6 yard spreader.My first truck.

Can anyone tell/help me,How do I get the photos to open when you read this as others have???I can only get them to come up as attachments.

oshkosh and 79 acar mhead.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

those trucks are cool i love old trucks like that but when you post one picture at a time theyll open up as you read them so post one then post another in a reply and so forth but when you post them all at once itll be an attachment
  3. Oshkosh

Thanks for the heads up on the photos.
    You are doing it right,good fuel mileage,comfortable etc...You know what they say?Know how to make a small fortune in trucking??????? Invest a large Fortune.lol :cry:
  4. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Man, I can't wait to buy a nice big Walters or Oshkosh or Int next spring, I'm going to work up in southern NH doing plow contracts.

That's a very nice Oskhosh and Autocar. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather used MANY Autocars in Acton, Massachusetts. Also a few Brockways and Macks and probably Internationals. Besides construction, they'd do paving and blasting as well. Blasting was the first specialty. They still have the signs they hung on the side of the tracks for blasting. I was cleaning the basement in my Great Grandfathers house and there were a ton of blasting caps... no joke.

Anyway, it's great to see old trucks like that. Do you have some snowplow contracts?
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  5. Oshkosh

No More Contracts.

Hello, All of that old iron is still hard at work,I have kept tabs on it since it left my fleet.
    I gave up all my contracts between labor and the cost of doing business in this state(Registrations,Insurance,Land etc..) it wasnt worth it.Not to mention waiting six months to get paid from the state!!! :angry:
    I myself am headed up into the Conway NH area in the next month or so.....New Hampshire came up twice in recent surveys of the top places in the country to do business(Top four in both surveys).Mass didnt even rate! :waving:
    I also had a paving company,a good friend of mine(Bought my Oshkosh from me) is a blaster up on Cape Ann.

6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

That Autocar rocks! :drinkup: :cool:

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Nice, very nice!
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Those things are sweet!