1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some new stuff!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WilliamOak, Sep 27, 2009.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Heres a few pics of the new lightbar. It's mounted up, wires still have to be run and everything but I like looking at it lol. Also replaced the clearance lights with the recon's. Oh and the customization of the cab guard, gotta rep the school lol.

Also I want some input, I want black rims. I'm between the Rockstars and the moto metals. I honestly think the moto metals would be better because theres a little bit of chrome on them, and I still have a chrome grill/bumpers. But I want YOUR input (unless your username is stroker79, I already know how you feel about black rims lol)

166.jpg

168.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks good i like the factory dodge rims so im no help in rim debate :D

3. WilliamOak

K, ive basically decided on moto metals. lol I found a pic of them on a red truck and theyr'e sick IMO. I just want black rims, I wanna make this truck mine. I guess more of the debate will be what tires to get?
    Alotta people like the nittos, BFG's, an./d I've heard good things about Hankooks. I'm pretty clueless as far as tires go, but obviously performance in snow/rain/mud is of importance. As is appearance as always lol.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks good, also looks like the bar is angled down in the back???? might just be the pics tho.

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

idk it looks angled back compared to the cab. if it is i would level that out

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah I agree, stock rims look best, and it does look angled. But otherwise looks good.

7. WilliamOak

It actually might be, we put a bolt through the front holes of the bracket to stabilize it so it didnt rattle around at all and all that needs to be done is loosening that bolt a little bit.

It probably is, but it isnt too big of a deal right now but will get done.

I hate the stock rims lol. Ive always liked black rims and right now nobodys gonna talk me outta them lol.

In addition to the rims there will be:
    new tires (bigger also)
    tint
    power heated mirrors
    '08 badges painted black
    90W hideaways with 4 clear strobes
    Line x / Rhino liner
    Brighter headlights
    Possibly air bags
    Possible dual battery setup.

The first 6 will definitely happen before winter though.

I'm not a fan of totally stock trucks, nor do I like completely custom. I'm trying to find the middle ground between the two which I will hopefully be successful at.

8. THEGOLDPRO

why not paint the stockers black??

9. WilliamOak

idk I have a bad feeling itd look like sh*t. Plus if I ever sell the truck I want to be able to keep the rims and just throw the stock set back on lol.

10. THEGOLDPRO

i see i see,also if you want brighter lights just add the stock fog lights to it, my fogs are brighter then my headlights are lol, i dunno why but the dodge headlights suck.

11. WilliamOak

Really? I second the sucky headlights lol. Ive wanted fog/driving lights for a while and might just do that instead of whole new headlights or whatever lol. Did yours come with the truck or did you buy them aftermarket?

12. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

about the light bar, for some reason, all the dodge rams I have installed a back rack and light bar on they all come out the same way, they are angled up in the front.

13. THEGOLDPRO

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good colin.....who put the plow frame on? Dont listen to doug....he often does not make much sense,,,and you should prob stop workin for him

15. WilliamOak

lol, like you dont know the answer to that question!
    And listening to him hasnt got me into any trouble YET lol. Even though he got me with MY siren on MY truck while my head was right in front of my truck. I didnt get that siren for people to scare ME with it lol!!!!!!

You get your extreme V yet?

16. WilliamOak

Oh and tires have been decided now too lol. Now all I need is time lol.

17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

How about some ballistic off road rims??

the Jester rim has red in it!

18. WilliamOak

lol I know, the jester was actually my first choice. I wanna stick with a solid black wheel with chrome/silver in it so if I ever get a truck thats a diff. color other than white, red gray or black it wont look weird. I do like the wizard though, kinda similar to the moto metal.

02, Where did you get your rims?

19. WilliamOak

These are the 2 rims that I'm deciding between. Gimme your opinion!

moto metal rim only.jpg

ballistic wizard.jpg

20. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

JMO, the ones on the right look MUCH better than the ones on the left. Something about the finish on the black just gives it a better look. Too shiny on the other one on the left.