1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some new iron this season

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Nov 28, 2013.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Got some new iron to try out this winter. Wacker WL37 with a 10ft arctic and a 72" high flow erskine blower. Should be a handy little unit I think.
    IMG_20131007_184529_263.jpg
    IMG_20131007_180850_769.jpg

Got to broom some sidewalks the other day with my new sidewalk rig I purchased. Broom worked great! Picked up a used erskine blower for it as well and got that all mounted up.
    ResizedImage_1385698968924.jpg

IMG_20131007_184529_263.jpg

IMG_20131007_180850_769.jpg

ResizedImage_1385698968924.jpg

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

heres a pic of the blower for the sidewalks

blower.jpg

blower.jpg

3. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Looking good hope you have a good season

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Very nice loader. Also like your Deere.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Are you contracted by the city to do thiose walks or was that at your residence?

Nice new toys

6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

No its the property owners responsibility to clean the city sidewalks unless it is one of the main sidewalks along a major street then the city cleans them. That was a strip mall there that I was cleaning.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I bet that Wacker with both attachments was around $80,000?? Or are you leasing it? Point is you gotta do a lot of snow to make something like that pay for itself.

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Or be in it for the long haul.:rolleyes:

9. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Let us know how that Wacker works out. We rented one a few years ago (prior to me being hired on) and the guys still talk about how great they were. I would really like to give one a try.

10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Smithco has been in the business for over 20 years...and yes we move a lot of snow!
    I will...im excited to get some snow to try it out.

11. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

You guys better hurry up! We've been out three times this week alone! Very unusual for us out this way, but it gets me out of the office, so I'll gladly take it.

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

13. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

What is the road speed of that loader? We are looking at a few and looking for something with a high road speed. I believe 37 had an option to go 18MPH? but anything smaller only has the option to go 12?

14. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

You are right. I believe it is if you get the high flow option on it will go 18mph. That was another reason we got it so we don't have to trailer skids all around town to scrape drive thoughs where the big loaders cant go.

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

So is it leased? Or did your company buy it?

16. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

With a pusher on the front how does it feel at high speed? We are looking to replace our toolcat possibly. Hoping for good speed but a decent stable ride also.

17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

now thats a money-making set up with that sectional. how many of those you got now 3-4?

18. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Nice additions to the fleet.
    Congrats !!

19. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

How do you like the wacker loader? I am not sure on size but a local CAT dealer has one in stock here and I think this unit is small enough to fit on walks. I would like to add one to our residential end of snow removal. Blower and machine. Also what did the wacker itself run you? Was it new or have a few hours on it.

20. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

company bought it

5 sectionals now. 3 fourteens for the loaders and 2 tens for the track skid and the wacker. You just cant beat them.

We havenet used it much as we just bought it for this winter. The smaller unit wl30 will fit down most walks. This one is a wl37 which is about the same width of a skidsteer. I'll pm you with the cost.