1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some issues with my 22 series

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by addicted, Dec 10, 2006.

1. addicted

addicted Senior Member

I bought my plow new last year. It works fantastic, and I am overall satisfied, but I need to voice some concerns.

1- it is a royal pain to change the oil. At least raise the 2 bolts that hold the pump to the frame enough to get a gear wrench in there!

2- the plow was properly "summerized" last year with grease on the cylinders, but they actually rusted at the seals. It did not want to angle when first hooked up for testing this fall. The chrome on the angle cylinders is VERY thin and seems to be applied to improperly preppared steel.

3- the paint on the whole unit is garbage! It is chipping and peeling all over! again, looks like the steel was not prepped properly.

4- the trip spring and the rubber bumpers at the pivot settled in so much that there is no adjustment left in the springs, and they are barely in spec as far as tension adjustment.

5- there should be a bumper between the light frame and the lift cylinders so that when they touch, it does not remove more paint.

Pics will follow, I need to resize them first.

2. yeah the powder coat does peel off, but my plow is a few years old and the salt doesn't help things. yes, I'd like to see pics!

you're not by any chance the same 'addicted' on pwctoday are you?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We have found a vacuum pump the easiest way to remove the oil for simple fluid changes.

I've experienced wiper lock up on the rams, but not rusting, the wipers dry and shrink during the summer. Fluid film seems to help, spraying a little on the wipers before use lubricates them.

As for your other concerns go see your local dealer. Your hydraulics are warranted for 2 years the black iron for 5 years. Your local dealer is in the best position to deal with the factory for you. If you don't get results PM Tom, or call the factory I've found snoway (the company) very responsive to complaints.

4. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Lown,
    Same guy here, pwct, green hulk, the x, ect. I thought you were the same too:waving:

Basher,
    I actually tried the vac pump, but once the fluid was out, the bottom of the reservoir looked like bottom of the pot coffee. That's why I went by the book. It just bugs me that all the R&D that went into the new 22's, and they overlook something simple like clearance for a wrench.

I'll get the pics later tonight. I want to snap a few more first. . .

5. addicted

addicted Senior Member

pics as promised

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

6. addicted

addicted Senior Member

here's a few more

Picture 029.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That surprises me, that unit's only a year old. The rust is unusual the power coat looks to be peeling off. Wasn't there a steel plate in the polys on the blade?

8. addicted

addicted Senior Member

That's why I'm surprised! What do you mean by"Wasn't there a steel plate in the polys on the blade?"

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My Bad. You have a 22 series they don't have the steel insert. Still go to your dealer which your problems or call snoway technical support.

10. addicted

addicted Senior Member

ok, so this is not normal?

I will try the dealer route.

Thanks guys!