1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some issues i'm having installing plow.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Plow_king, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

Ok, I attempted to install the plow EZ-mount classic on my 93 ford f250. I ran into a few issues. As you can see in the pic, the little "nub" keeps the frame mount from sitting flush on the bottom of the frame rail. Is this normal? Also see where the spring is, is the mount supposed to be that close to the spring? the mounts are not tight yet, but even with it pushed against the frame it only leaves like an inch from the spring and i would still have to get a bolt in there which is next to impossible without taking that mount off.

[​IMG]

2. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

anybody? I'm lost..

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Take the truck side frame to an authorized dealer/ installer.

Its too late in the season to be waiting for answers here or doing it wrong. They do this all day long, and know all the tricks like the back of their hand.

Im not saying you are incapable and couldn't get er done sooner or later but I dont know if you'll ever get the question answered here, and it might snow tomorrow.

Ya know?

4. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

That is a stacking pin that Ford used at the factory to stack the vehicle frames. Simply cutt of that pin.

5. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

Do you know for a fact i'm supposed to cut it off? I just dont' want to cut if off and screw up the alignment of the mounts up even more.

6. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

I understand, i just figured i'd get a quick response, the truck will only plow my driveway and a few others. Not commercial. So time isn't that much of an essence, besides I wore shorts 5 days ago. Today was the first day that it was cold.

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Some people cut the pin off and other notch the mount out doest make a difference either way

8. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

thanks, i'll let you guys know how it goes.