1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some interesting info about salt.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ipushsnow, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

so then if we empty all the salt shakers we should be all right then?

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

dont laugh it is coming to that

i am going down to the store later to buy everything they have, it will be worth 2x as much by jan 1

when will everyone start beetching about the speculators like in the oil biz

4. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

You still have salt in your shakers? I've been swiping the salt every time I go out eat for the past 4 months!

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I remember seeing sidewalks applied with water conditioner salt at the end of the winter last year. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

6. cretebaby

water softner salt will be a mainstay this year, if you can gat it, at the end of the season last year you couldnt even get that here

7. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

How well does water softner salt really work?

8. SuperBlade

SuperBlade Member

the water softner salt needs to be ran over alot, but it does work but not when it really cold

9. cretebaby

dont get the big tabs but the little pellets in the blue bags, it works fine, better in some situations

10. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

We used "extra coarse" water softener salt last year and I tell you what, it worked great. Its from NASC and is in the blue bags. The stuff really worked better than the yellow bagged rock salt.