1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by usa50xx, Dec 6, 2000.

1. usa50xx

usa50xx Junior Member

Hi,,I am just start out plowing this year.we average about 3 to 10" of snow per snow fall.
    (I hear that there getting between $75 to $100 per hr here and was wandering what to charge to plow a lot ,drive way or small road)do I charge by the Sq foot,and how much do i charge per foot.)and how much do I plow
    (many times at what snow rate 3"-6"-9")
    some gave me this.
    (( 3 to 5 in.=0.0555 X Sq foot)
    (( 6 to 9 in.=0.0655 X Sq foot)
    and so on ((((((((help dont know what to do if u can help please help)ps some tips on plowing too if u got..em

Thanks form Bob-- here in West Berlin NJ

1986 GMC 1500 4/w drive
    Company Name:snow 495-5222
    Years in Business:first
    1986 GMC 1500 4/w drive
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Personally, I've found that starting out at 2", and then comming back every few inches works better than charging different amounts for additional accumulation. I charge anywhere from $15 for the smallest driveway on up to $130. And that PER PLOW.

Tips on plowing:

1. Take your time. The faster you go, the sooner you'll brake something.

2. Watch out for curbs. They will mess you up in a hurry.

3. Use those little poles with reflectors on them... or something like that. They help a LOT when theres a foot of snow on the ground.

4. Listen to the people in here. They know what they're talking about... or at least they do a good job of faking it. LOL