1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some help with my Fisher Please?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Radguy, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Radguy

Radguy Member

My problem is my power connection isn't very good. Every once in a while when I want to go side to side it moves about an 1" and stops. I'm almost positive it's the main power connection. Because I can wiggle it and it'll be good. So what should I use to clean the connector with? I also was told to put electrical grease on the conection? Is there such a thing? :confused:

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

They make a spray on battery cleaner you can pick up at your auto parts store or whip some up with baking soda and water,scrape the terminals clean and apply dielectric grease to the connections,you can also get that at the parts store.
    If the set-up is old or the connectors are just plain wore you can drop about $75 and get new plowside and truckside connectors.

3. Radguy

Radguy Member

Thanks for the info....it's a pretty new set up only a year or 2 old.:cool:

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I have also taken a pair of channels locks and have given the truck side 9 pin connector a gentle squeeze. Sometimes the recepticals get a little sloppy. May have to do this 2 or 3 times across the plug to get all of the pin recepticals. Otherwise there is a 2 winter warranty on fischers so if that doesnt work and its still under warranty, let the dealer deal with it.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Been there,done that!squeezed it so hard the first time i couldn't get the pins in:D I've also pryed pins in different directions to tighten things up but that's risky with those older hollow pins,they break to damn easy:realmad:

6. Radguy

Radguy Member

Thanks for the info guys it's working great...well gotta go back outpayup

7. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

Check how your truck mount connector is strapped to the truck. A few years ago, they were strapped too tight to the grille and right next to the connector. This caused the wires to fatigue. It'll work and then it won't. Fisher dealers are now leaving about 18" of slack by putting the first tie wrap 18" from the connector.