1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some help please?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by darood01, Dec 26, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I just hooked my md75 up last night after taking if off a couple days. It was working fine last night but I went out this morning, the control didn't turn on and when I turned the headlights on the jeep, the running lights only came on and the plow head lights didn't. I checked all the connections and everything seemed fine. Anybody have any suggestions? We are suppose to get a couple inches here tonight.
    Thanks

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Blown fuse most likely. Find the red/white wire at the connector that the controller plugs into and follow that to the in-line fuse.

Also make sure that the pin on that red/white wire is fully in the connector.

3rd - check the place where they tapped in for power - make sure that you've got power there.

It sounds like no power coming to the controller and lights, so its one of those three.

3. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

fuse isn't blown, wires are in the connector, and it seems to have power. Any other ideas?
    Why would the running lights work and not the head lights?

4. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

try unpluging the controler and reconnecting it also you will have to check for power with a test light or better yet a volt meter at the controler connector red wire. Will the controller light up at all ? i have seen fuse holders with loose connections and not lettong power through

5. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I've disconnected the controller and connected it again. Changed the fuse even though the test light said it was green. The controller doesn't turn on at all. How do i check the power from the red wire?

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If the lights are not switching over AND the controller isn't powering, the red/white wire is not getting power. Another possibility is a bad ground.

A "bad" controller can do a lot of things, but it won't affect your lights. The red/white wire provides power to the controller and to the relay module (that switches the lights over to the plow).

7. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

I assume you bought this at B&B Truck Parts(Mason Dynamics).It is snowing so I would assume they are open or will be,give them a call.

8. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

where does the red and white wire run too?

9. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I did buy it from b&b but they aren't open yet

10. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

I just went out and checked my truck,take in mind I have a V but I would think they are the same. The red-white wire comes out off the pigtail that you plug the controler into. It goes to power(fuse block,battery). Are you sure the fuse is not blown.There is a inline mini fuse holder about 18"-24" from the controler plug in.(It is not the old style in line fuse holder that are twist off and take a glass fuse.)If controler will not turn on I would think it is in that line as this supplies power to the controler.

11. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

i just bought a 650lb salt dogg spreader but it does NOT kick out the salt unless I hit the vibrator. What's the problem?