1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some help for a newbe on my new boss v

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DAVID1963, Nov 30, 2007.

1. DAVID1963

DAVID1963 Member

Hey guys i just bought a new 8.2 boss V plow and am going to be doing some commercial lots along with residentials but my problem is i have never plowed before with a V style plow so im alittle unsure about which mode i should be using in which situations,now i have plowed with traditional straight plows for about 10 yrs so i do know how to plow but im concerned about the when and why of the V plow,do i typically use the scoop mode for straight runs through a big lot,do i windro in the left or right slant position? any help for a new boss V operator would be appreciated!! thanks !!

2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

David...Your gonna figure out pretty quick which way to configure your blade angles on each job site your on.

For me, I like to use the scoop position a lot. Less clean up and it stacks snow fast. In no time you can have a pile as high as the top of your truck.

I think everyone has there own way/style on using multi-angle blades, IMO there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to use a V. With some experience under your belt with the V your gonna become more and more efficient with it.

Welcome to the family of "V-Blades":drinkup:

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

http://www.bossplow

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

sorry try this............................

http://www.bossplow.com/snow_plows.html

5. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

as far as pushing its all up to you, give it 2 or 3 times and you will find what u like. but definatly use it in scoop to stack it. one night just for sh!ts & giggles I split a lot in half and stacked the first half using the blade in the streight position & second half in scoop, the scoop was twice as tall as the streight and half the diameter

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your going to plow it straight just angle the one wing at a slight angle, so when your going straight your also scooping it so your right side doesn't get the build up.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I really like to windrow it to one side and then scoop it all into that area. Make sence? Also I find that the joystick is by far the most effective controller for a vee

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have to disagree I like the handheld alot!

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have to disagree, I Really like the joystick. This is the first storm ive used it in and I can tell already its going to work out great. I used the HH last year and it was ok but the JS is nice and easy.

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

the bold tex helped...:dizzy:thanx

I have to disagree, I Really like the joystick.

11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I have to disagree... I LOVE the handheld :p