1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some good deals already on snow equip :)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Looking online, i see a slew of guys selling plows, some REALLY new ones, for like half off what the new price form a dealer is..., spreaders close to half off some places. I even saw an 03 f150 ext cab lariat like my black 03 F150 for dirt cheap. I think the BFG all terrain 285/70/17 tires cought my eye :p Not that i need another half ton, but for the price we might just get it to have another small plow truck with a 7'6" boss plow on it.

I found a local selling a lighter duty boss plow that im going to pick up for my oldest f150 2wd.. i know i know, 2wd just doesnt cut it, but for the price of the combo, and a few modifications, i cant beat having at least the truck as a backup if something ever breaks for our smaller accounts. I know i can load up the back with 1500 or more lbs of weight and with its good Bridgestone dueler a/t revo tires, it would be fine in parking lots in nj.

Im going to make sure were well prepared for next season instead of having to gear up in the fall when prices are at the highest at dealers etc.
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I would agree, with the economy sooooo bleak there are lots of deals out there.

I just picked up a 2003 F150 Supercab Lariat...LOADED...with only 22,000 original, garage kept miles. It is truly spotless, a real cream puff one owner garage kept truck that looks like it is brand new. Now I am looking for a plow for it...
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i just got two more plows, one was cheap $1800 for a 07 Standard duty 7'6" boss plow, all mounts, controller and harness :) , im using it on one of our f150s that didnt plow this year for next year.

Just want to pick up 2 air flow salters all electric or something that can hold alot for my "shorbed dually", something thats 7' not 8' but can hold at least 1.5-2 yards of salt.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Things will be getting cheaper before too long.