1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sOME front end repairs, anyone care to comment

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ALEX516, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

I was told I need the following on the front end of my CTD ram2500hd 1995 truck.

Upper & Lower Ball joints, and track bar.

Anyone know what something like this would cost?

Dealer prices?, private shop mechanic? Parts only pricing?

Thanks guys!

2. snoking

snoking Senior Member

do it yourself save the money. under 150 bucks in parts, and depending on type of plow very common, we have 17 dodges aound that year. we do our every year because we have 9' meyers on our half tons, produtivity out wieghts the cost of a little maintenance.

3. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

That;s All??

Wow, WIth that stuff and a fuel tank sending unit with part price I was quoted around $2300+ from a nearby Dodge dealer.
    I know about many things and trades but front suspension components I have no clue about so I am quite surprised to hear these prices are soo low.
    I will double check the quote they gave me and report back...

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's a dealer giving you that price, that's why it's so high.

5. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

work required

What are the best shocks for my truck, 2500hd 4x4, CTD....

I'm quite confused with the many differnet brands discussed on various threads herein this site....

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

From what I've heard and seen, Bilstein makes the best but they're pretty pricey. :nod: payup

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I had Upper and lower ball joints on my 02 done at 40k (common problem) i got it done under warrenty but for just the ball joints i think it would of cost me atleast 500$ if i diddn't have it warrented I know doing those things Is a pretty labor intensive Job so thats $$ About the Trac Bar im not sure bout the price but 2300 sounds aaaaaaaaaaaaaa bit to much for ball joints and trac bar!

8. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I just had the trac bar replaced by a trusted mechanic. He paid somewhere around $300 bucks for it. I think i paid 1-2 hours for install. I might have had a ball joint done as well, can't remember anything but the sticker shock. (Actually, I got some body work done as well & total bill was still south of 1800).

~Matt

9. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

pricing

ok, tHANKS guys, I will let you know how I make out, I still have warrantee on drivetrain and a few other things, so my front axle seals will be covered, other than that I'm out of my pocket on it all...

Gonna check with a mechanic friend of mine...

10. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Last fall i replaced my complete front end on my 1998 Dodge total cost including a alignment was under 300.00.You will need torches to heat up a few parts but it is very easy if you have the shop...

Good Luck :drinkup: