1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

some feedback on western HTS.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

used it for the first time this weekend. works fantastic going forward. i am not 100% thrilled with the craftsmanship. on the swing arm that comes up to lock the frame to the truck there is a little side hook for lateral support, well that didn't line up and wound up bending a bit. i had to hammer it back in place and grind down a little so it would not happen again. other than that the rest seems to be quality and held up well to the storm. the dealer i had install the plow didn't line up the lights so they were pointed 5 feet in front of the plow all night. at least i have them lined up now for the next storm. no hydro fluid issues when stacking and everything else ran flawlessly.

2. RoseHillFarm

RoseHillFarm Junior Member

Hey Jersey Drew, Now sure how much of a plower you are but how did you feel about the plows stacking capability? Also I was reading that the plow only has 8" angle rams as opposed to the standard 10" on larger plows. How did you feel about the range of the angling? Thanks.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hey RoseHillFarm,
    welcome to the forum. looks like you pulled up a pretty old post here. I'm afraid I don't personally know the answers to your questions. We have sold several HTS's here, and I haven't heard any complaints about stacking and angling.
    Do we have any HTS owners that can help our new friend out with some opinions on these points? Or perhaps other dealers that have a better grasp about how the HTS compares with other blades in regards to stacking and angling?