1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some fabrication work on the Lil' Chevy.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chazmanian, Nov 10, 2007.

1. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

My father in law who is fairly handy with a welder, drills and tape measure went to town mounting my Western Pro-Flow 2 spreader on the lil' Chevy!!

We put the Timbrens on first and then after pricing how much the mounting parts for the Pro-Flow 2 cost me...I decided it was time to play the father-in law card and his welding skills!

Derned mounting kit for the pro-flow was $500.00 and then it required hours of work and really didnt seem to sturdy......We decided to go with a customized mounting scheme that turned out looking as good as it works. The thing is solidly mounted to the bumper which has been massively reinforced and then it has the braces going to yet another reinforced plate in the bed. We retained the option of removing the unit via the two pins holding it to the cradle or 6 bolts and all the mounting hardware comes off. Saved me a ton of money over what the kit costs through Western which ends up as an odd Reciever hitch mounting system.
    We mounted the Timbrens as well and with the spreader mounted we are just barely touching them....The truck rides and drives good. Little rougher but still very smooth considering the axle is 1/4" off the timbrens. I may remove the additional plate if it rides to rough when loaded with 600#'s of sand.....

Crafty old feller even fixed my defroster whilst he was at it!!! Love the old guy.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats a different mounting system.
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Not really, very similar in fact to the OEM bed floor mount set that came with mine... I use it to hold the bed down on my S15 :D

The rusties got hungry I guess...
  4. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

I saw the western in bed mounting system and it looked like a complex mess. I wanted to keep everything as simple as possible as well as leaving me room in the bed for sand, blower, shovels...Etc..Etc.

I loaded up the hopper yesterday at the sand and gravel company as well as putting some sand in he bed....Those Timbrens are simply amazing!
  5. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

I bought a used fisher(Same as the Pro-flow 1)last year, and there was no way I was going to use that bed mount system that it came with. So this is what I came up with. I made it to slide into my hitch.
    Used it all last year with no problems.
    IM002848 (Small).JPG

IM002850 (Small).JPG

IM002848 (Small).JPG

IM002850 (Small).JPG