1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Equipment Pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Andy N., Dec 19, 2008.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Well, it only took 7 years but I finally got around to put up some pictures of our equipment.

08 Trucks Side View.jpg

08 Ford Front View.jpg

-08 Ford Side View.jpg

Front Angle 3500.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very nice. the all red looks great

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

All trucks in the first photo have plows and V-Box salters except the two larger dumps and one of the Dodge 1 Ton dumps.

4. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Let me guess, you like Ford and Dodge. :)
    Nice fleet!

5. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

There's an International mixed in there.

If you want my honest opinion - which you're going to get anyway..........I think all trucks, no matter who the manufacturer is, are junk. They are not made tough enough to withstand the work that they claim they are capable of handling. They are overpriced and the quality is too low. Bah Humbug!!

6. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

hehehe.... I'll definately agree with the overpriced bit.
    I'm a Chevy man myself, but that's mostly because that's the brand I have the most experience with. I had a really good Dodge back in the 90's, and a horrible Ford also, but I think it was a lemon to start with.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

LOVE that dodge! Is it a diesel?

8. snowpro2210

snowpro2210 Junior Member

Very nice equipment!!!!!!!

9. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Nice Fleet, even though I am partial to GMC.
    As far as American Trucks being junk, I disagree. I have been thru 24 trucks in 20 years and not one disapionted me. They all did what I asked and then some.

10. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

LOVE that dodge! Is it a diesel?

Yes......had to basically replace / rebuild the original engine last winter. It pretty much blew up for no reason. Had several certified Cummins mechanics look at it and no one could come up with a reason why......

11. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

24 trucks in 20 years is not a good statistic. That averages out to 1.2 trucks per year. I think that reinforces my argument.

12. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

No not necessarily,

Leased 2 trucks in 89 and bought 1. Bought 1 in 90. 92 leased 3 trucks returned 2 and bought another.. 94 returned 2 ,leased 3 bought 1. 95 returned 2 bought 1. 98 bought 2, returned two off lease, bought out a smaller company with two trucks(fords, sold them). 2000 bought two. And so-on and so-on. . Stopped leasing in 2000. and just buying. At the same time selling off some of the used trucks. I did sometimes buy trucks off the lease if the miles were low.
    So there was years that i bought 4 and then years that we didnt buy any.

It is hard trying to remember them all but I usually had between 8-10 trucks at the same time since 98-99

So tell me How does that say they are bad.

By the way this post made me feel old.

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Fleet

14. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice equipment. Especially the reg. cab Superdutys! Did you end up getting any snow from today's storm?

15. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Now that is a different story. I think you are doing it right by leasing them. That way, you get rid of them right before all hell breaks loose - which is something I am going to look into the next time I buy a truck for the company.

Are you able to lease a truck and hang a plow on it or do they not allow that?

16. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

No snow, just a monsoon of rain. We just finished building the ark and it stopped raining.

17. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

Returning at least 8 trucks within 3 years means nothing for longevity. Who's to say at 5 year old the truck doesn't fall apart?

OP: nice looking trucks wesport do you have any action pics?

18. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Never returned more than 2 in one year.
    Trucks were always under Warranty, no repair bills as my business was growing.
    I never said anything about longevity but I do have several trucks pushing 200k with very little problems, 0 trans problems ever.

19. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

When I leased the trucks I had the dealer do the install and include the plow in the lease whenever possible. No problem with warranty or anything.

I do not lease anymore because I am keeping the trucks longer and just made better business sense.

20. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I love the Dodge 1-tons! Not many people seem to buy Dodge 1-tons around here anymore. They used to buy a lot of them in the 1980s and early 1990s... lots of Highway and Water Dept.'s with them.