1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some dirty pics and a shot of HID's in the Boss

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pitrack, Jan 1, 2011.

1. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

I always post pics of my truck clean on here, so here's some of with the black/gray two tone paint job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

The HID pic is off my phone so the quality sucks but it's compared to a BOSS plow with stock lights. My truck is farther back in the pic that is why they are so much lower.
    [​IMG]

Here's a vid I took of my Whelen vertex's that I put in my reverse lights. They look way better in person, my phone doesn't pic up all the flashes.
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/pitrack/?action=view&current=1217101513.mp4

Buddies blade after we put it together. Nothing like a nice new blade:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice, you have HID's in your plow ??

If so it would be great if you could post a shot of the install.

Thanks much !!

P.S. Nice truck

4. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Thanks man.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the install. It was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was fitting the ballasts into the headlight housings. It's all plug and play.

I ran a power wire and ground from my truck and wired them into a waterproof plug and then installed the HIDs in the plow and wired the power and ground from the lights to the same plug. So when I hook and un hook the blade all I have to do is hook and un hook that plug so the lights have power. then I covered all the new wires in black lume so it looks nice and clean.

I had to get a relay kit because the lights would turn off when I turned my truck on...so that made it a little harder to fit everything into the lights. I got the lights off ddmtuning.com I have bought my truck headlights, fog lights, these plow lights and for my 4 wheeler all HIDs off that site.

Here's a pic of them on in the day time, they look really blue in this pic, they aren't that blue in person.

[​IMG]

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

your plow looks cross eyed in the last pic lol. nice truck ussmileyflag

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Looks nice.. Love the truck..

How do you do plowing with those larger tires.?

7. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Why does your buddies plow sit level on your truck and yours does not?

8. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Thanks, it does fine with the tires. Well this year all I have plowed is ice and maybe an inch of snow, but last year I had 35's on it and it did fine.

I think it's a combination of the pics were taken at two different places (uneven ground) and before my truck was at its current height, my mount was a tad high so my cutting edges wore unevenly, I think the center wore out more than the outsides. So after I lifted the truck a little more I adjusted the mount and it is at the right height now but the edges are a little uneven still. They are getting better, it used to be worse:D I'm due for new ones soon though damnit.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

im not a fan of dodges normally but thats a beast of a truck

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Gorgeous truck. Love the look of the 37s on the stock wheels.

11. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Thanks guys. I gotta at least post one of it some what clean. Old logos though.
    [​IMG]

12. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks great. Do you have one of the last 5.9?

13. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I think I say it every time, but I really like your truck...a lot!

14. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Truck and plow look great! Best of luck with the equipment!

15. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Wash that truck A.S.A.P.! I hate to see what her belly looks like.

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know because I have never owned a Boss V plow, but. It looks like the angle of your plow is way off...

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

that truck is and always will be beautiful

18. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Thanks man, yes they started putting the 6.7's in the 2007.5's and I got the last of the 5.9's!

Guys my blade is fine, I really think it's where I am parked. It scrapes fine :waving:

19. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Hey Pitrack,

I also have a lifted Dodsge 2500. I hve been thinking about a Boss V - Plow but know I would have to fab brackets or the plow to sit level.

Could you send me some pics of the brackets you have for your plow?

The truck is the one in my sigature.

Thanks, Doug

20. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Hey Doug, here you go. The angle brackets are new, the ones the mount came with were not long enough. Man everything is dirty and rusty right now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]