1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some Dealer!!??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deck2, Jan 27, 2012.

1. deck2

deck2 Junior Member

Snapped a trip spring on my Sno Way last night and called the closest dealer and they told me that they don't stock springs! Can you believe it? SO I called the next closest dealer about 50miles away and they have several in stock and ready to go so I guess a road trip will be happening this afternoon.
    I don't know how a dealer can stay in business when they don't stock parts for the product they sell. They didn't even offer to order it for me. From now on I will spend my money 50 miles away or on the internet. And small business cant understand why the internet is taking away their market (Thanks for letting me rant)

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

since it so far away think about having spare parts in the garage!

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Do you plow commercially or are you just a homeowner who does their own driveway?

4. deck2

deck2 Junior Member

I only plow my own (125 yrd) driveway and parking area plus some driveways for the family. SO I would say that I just use it to homeowner use.

But I assumed that a dealer would keep springs that are used in nearly every med and heavy duty plow they sell in stock. I do keep extra hardware, fluid and a solenoid on hand and the local dealer is only 5 miles away but it will the last time I will deal with them so the next time I am down in the area of the other dealer I will surely pick up an extra spring.

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I feel your pain! I not only have plows and spreaders, but 25 units of lawn equiptment to maintain. I am not in a high snow area, so dealers are not exactly making big buck around here on volume. I have found dealers around the country that have the volume to stock everything and volume to be price competitive. I can receive as soon as next day and always within 3 days. Dealers ordering 1x per week and 1 shipment per week can mean 10 plus days.

If your local does not work out get on line and find a good dealer!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock Springs, and fluid, and switches..............................

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Wow, I don't know how much snow you get, but maybe a good place to open up a dealership. Even the Napa Auto stores near me stock common replacement parts & fluid.

8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

O'reillys auto parts stocks some parts not OEM but it has gotten me by. And tractor supply has some as well.

I love my Z

9. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

I would go to that local dealer and have a talk with him . Maybe he just needs some feedback on what parts to have on hand and what parts need replacement most often . Or maybe he's just a wanna be , and doesn't realize that the real money , is in the parts !