1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some bimbo whining about noise, says I can't START plowing til 7am

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I do a church (a couple), they have seminary classes each morning at 6am, so the lot has to be done by 5:45 each weekday but saturday (and of course Sunday also)
    At one of them, where it's been plowed for 40 years, some neighbor says it's too noisy and he's going to call the city. The contract manager (for the church) calls the city and they say "nope, can't make noise before 7am"

So, now I lose the entire morning plow on this, because there's no point in plowing a lot after the class is over.

Some POS whiny east coast liberal pansy just cost me $170 every time it snows. :gunsfiring:

I'm NOT happy.

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I would plow it anyways, go ahead and let the lady call the city. I bet the judge would get a good laugh about it. Cause she has to be willing to sign a noise complaint and go to court over it.

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

who in the world tell her to move or get ear plugs

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

It sucks i'm sure but maybe you can go over and talk to her and offer to plow her driveway..I did this and the guy agreed, it took a whole 3 min to plow his driveway

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just plow it. Don't listen to her or the guy, your only concern is to get the lot open.

6. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I'm surprised that the Church allows there lot not to be CLEAR and SAFE. Probably won't be good when they get sued.

7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

make sure that they tell the city plows to stop making noise before 7am also.... god forbid they have a water main break then what happens when they have to rip the street up at 230am????

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

BS plow it anyway. Around here the noise ordinence doesn't apply to snowplowing. Snowplowing is an emergency service for the city and they view it the same for businesses and homes. Safety and access is needed at all times. What if that Church catches on fire or some other emergency happens there and you have a foot of snow on the lot?

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I can't just plow it, the church called me and told me not to do it.
    I did however, send them a real stamped, signed and dated letter outlining my concerns over snowpacked and icy and that they are completely aware of it. (meaning, it's not going on my insurance)

I also offered to do it with different equipment and the church turned me down (which also is in the letter).
    So, boned
    Pretty unhappy.

And now on another job, the city says my pile is too high (it's a nice 6 to 7' pile) and I can't do that. :dizzy:
    Now I have no idea where I'm putting the snow and I have to knock the pile down (easily done with a tractor). And mind you, the cold months' are still coming.
    I love governments, they seem to have so many people with so little to do. :gunsfiring:

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

At lease you covered yourself with the letter but make them sign it.Not sure about your area but I never had someone say it's to early to plow.,whether it was a person, neighbor or town.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  11. packey

packey Member

You must be working to close to Boulder, Co. I asked the city where we are the other day about starting to early and they said you can plow any time of day just do not use the snow blower in residential neighborhoods till 6:00 am so I set my route up accordingly

12. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

Is there something wrong with people from the east coast? I understand your upset, but what you said makes it seem like all east coasters are this way. This could have worded better.

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Plow it! I use my diesel tractor and have never gotten a complaint. there has to be some rule somewhere that excludes plowing from noise complaints.

14. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Sounds like you're a real troublemaker LC.

lol

:waving:

15. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

In our town, our city commission enacted a noise ordinance as well. Go down and get a copy of the law for your town. In our ordinance, there is an exclusion for any work that benefits the health and welfare of citizens. Snow removal falls under this exclusion as it is a necessity to prevent accidents. :nod::nod::nod:

16. tonybands

tonybands Member

And now on another job, the city says my pile is too high (it's a nice 6 to 7' pile) and I can't do that.
    Now I have no idea where I'm putting the snow and I have to knock the pile down (easily done with a tractor). And mind you, the cold months' are still coming.
    I love governments, they seem to have so many people with so little to do.

Who did you p--- off?:nono:

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I always thought it was "Some POS whiny WEST coast liberal pansy "?

18. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

exactly...he'll be plowing it soon after that happens

19. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

My guys sometimes use RedMax 8000 Blowers to clear walks, much louder than a snow plow. Especially at 4AM.

20. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

That is BULL. Go plow the parking area. I would love to see some fat ol jolly fellow come out from the city at 6 in the morning and give you a ticket for noise. Never going to happen.I start snow blowers up at 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning. I do not care if you are sleeping.You want your snow done right? I have airplanes, trains and emergency vehicles go by my house at 4 in the morning making noise they don't get tickets for making noise. I picked up a homeowner account back in 2002 single lady wanting her snow done. I said sure no problem she said how do I pay you? I said I will leave a invoice you mail a check. Ok no problem first time we went there 3:30 in the morning I had my helper fire up the snow blower LOL there were other people out shoveling and blowing she opened up the front door stuck her head out and said UMMM excuse me don't you think it is to early to be making all that noise I said you want your snow done right she said yes but you are making to much noise. I said ok Frankie and I was wispering turn off the snow blower we loaded it back in the truck left her driveway half finished. I don't have time to mess around I run a business we have to get parking lots open driveways sidewalks etc. time is money and yes we make noise.

RCGM
    Brad