1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Some ATV pictures

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by S-205, Jan 5, 2012.

1. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I know you guys are bored and I figured i'd post these on the atv forum for you to enjoy!
    the 2006 Grizzly 660 w/ 27" Mudlite XTR's was mine, theres an 07 AC 500 w/ 26x12 Mudlites, and 2006 Big Bear.

There's one more riding pic in my work thread if anyone cares to look.

IMG00333-20110317-1703.jpg

IMG00341-20110317-1850.jpg

IMG00350-20110318-0917.jpg

IMG00520-20110627-1329.jpg

IMG00594-20110817-1304.jpg

2. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

A few more, some water wheelies!

AC.jpg

AC2.jpg

AC3.jpg

Chris Garage.jpg

Dodge 12x6.jpg

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Some other shots.

Grizz clean.jpg

Grizz in truck.jpg

Grizzly fix.jpg

Grizzly Wolf Lake.jpg

Grizzly Work.jpg

4. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

At the cottage

Mudding.jpg

Mudding 2.jpg

Mudding 3.jpg

Mudding 4.jpg

Resting.jpg

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Up on the mountain called Wolf Lake

Wolf Lake.jpg

Working Grizzly.jpg

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Awesome pics!! Looks like a beautiful place to ride.

7. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thank you sir! Yeah it certainly is a beautiful place, love riding there. Too many roads though, I wish there was less pavement riding to get everywhere.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures, it looks like a lot of fun. I like that Arctic Cat.

9. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I don't mind the AC, the 12 inches of clearance is nice, and the built in receiver. Thats where I stop liking it, the power isn't the strongest, and the ergonomics are brutal. Its like riding a brick and you sit too far forward and too high. It has been really reliable though. Overall I liked my Grizz much more.

10. BlueRam2500

Hey Smokey what kind of hand guards are on those bikes? The guys I ride with and myself all want to get a pair but are concerned with the fit of them. Do they affect braking or the engagement of the parking brake?

11. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

My Grizzly I believe had Powermadd guards. They were a little tricky to fit them on the bar just right, because of the break cylinder and the gas, and the levers. But they don't affect the function of any of them. They also have a guard that is removable to let air through. The powermadd's aren't large like the one on the Arctic Cat though, I believe those ones are the Arctic Cat branded ones. They are larger and provide less of a look but more protection. Hope that helps?

12. BlueRam2500

That helps for sure thanks. I will look up that brand and see if they make them for my bike.

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Why would you wear waders and stand on the quad it is only water

14. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

he needs to keep the front up and have you ever heard of cold water?

15. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

The problem with that hole is it drops down quickly and its tough to keep the front end up, so you have to stand on the racks to get it up before you drop into the hole.Or else you'll drop down and the intake under the front rack sucks in the water. We don't have snorkels so its a technique. Also he had a hole somewhere in his waders and the water was cold. I wish we got pictures of th deepest parts of it.

16. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yeah I heard of cold water I deal with it but agree keeping air intake out of water

17. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Love my xrt's 28" haven't hardly wore over 4 years when we get some snow I'll get some pics!

18. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have nothing but good things to say about my XTR's, the are awesome, they wear amazing and I did a ton of road riding on those things. They performed better than my friends Mudlites of Executioners in all types of riding, (trails rocks mud.)
    I did have a few small holes in them that I never plugged but they were slow leaks probably due to my own fault.

I bought that with 39 miles on it, it was an 06. I drove it for a little over a year nearly everydayfor landscaping, recreation, plowing, hauling trailers, and going to the cottage and put 1500 miles on it. It overheated once when the rad was plugged up and I didn't clean it, in super hot weather after riding A LOT! And the front diff seal went and I had to take it apart to replace it, and I did the battery twice (once when I got it and before I sold it) I also replaced the winch once because of plowing stress. It never left me stranded, and that thing plowed through some stuff, in some deep water. I sold it for a few hundred less than I paid for it. I'd buy another in a second.

I'm looking for a TRX 400 or a 400 ex now, my riding buddies have taken a turn for that. So I'm going to follow. We'll be back on the big atv's again though.

19. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

I must have 6000 km on mine and I will put them up against any other tire new or used except new xtr's

20. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Now they obviously don't have much of a comparison to a dedicated mud tire in the mud, like an outlaw or a silver back. But all around for an all-terrain tire, they are the best. Terracross or a Big horn couldn't come close!