1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Solved my "plow won't go down " problem..wiring

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by berg, Dec 8, 2008.

1. berg

berg Member
    from utah

I was really frustrated with my plow since it would not go down and I had tried everything to figure out the problem.
    I had good operating solenoids and drop down valve, I had good clean connections thru my wiring harness and power to the switches. My angle plow switched worked and the raise part of the switch worked as well, Plow would just not go down.
    I figured it had to be the switch.. so I ordered new switches and installed them thinking It could be the only thing left ....well the plow would still not go down.:realmad:
    Wrong.... lesson learned never assume anything.
    The problem ended up being two wire in the harness were in the wrong plug sockets.
    There was power to both switches but since but the power on the raise/lower switch was on one of the switch tabs instead of the power tab in the middle of the switch.
    I had a good friend figure this out for me. I would have never thought the harness was mis wired at the socket. The previous owner ran the acc power/fused black wire to the + side of the solenoid( instead of keyed acc power) so it would work. This way there was always power at the down/float position.
    He too had a problem I assume from the mis matched wires in the socket. Not sure if it came from the factory like that......... makes one wonder. :D

my original threads
    http://old.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=70629

http://old.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=70437

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Thats good to hear you got. Wiring is soo much fun.

3. berg

berg Member
    from utah

just got er' hooked up and .........left angle goes right and right goes left on the plow.

I probably am dyslexic anyway.... it should:dizzy: all be good
    A+ plus... it is snowing right now.. first time this year

FJsnow-2a.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

flip your switch around, you have it backwards

C-

5. berg

berg Member
    from utah

Wish it were that easy... can't flip my switch upside down because the switch is plugged into a dedicated set of 4 unique slots of different locations.

I could just switch my hydro hoses.... that might be easier.

It also could be me expecting that when I switch the the toggle to the left it angles the moldboard to push snow to the right. Maybe I just need to re program my thinking.
    Maybe it's not intuitive as I thought.

In a stroke of luck I finished flushing and refilling my system today and sprayed waxoyl all over everything.....snowflakes started to fall. We are expecting 6 " today.

47-wires-(Medium)mm.jpg

6. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I have the same outfit. You cant flip that one socket around? I havent gone out and looked at mine as its like 6 figgen degres outside

7. berg

berg Member
    from utah

Not 100% sure on that swithc but I need to re- check.

6*degrees in Boston feels like -20 in Utah:p

I lived in Waltham , Cambridge and Worcester for a while.
    Cold frikken place with that humidity.

berg

8. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Im the North shore near Salem, the witch place.

C-