1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Solo Op - 2008 Chevy 3500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACLM, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ACLM

ACLM Junior Member
    from Montana

I am new to Plowsite, but thought I would post a pic of my new snow plow. I chose a Boss 8'2" V-Plow. It seemed like a good middle of the road "economical" choice after some searches here on Plowsite.

I have been doing lawn care for 3 years now, however this is my first season in snow/ice management. I hope you enjoy the truck!

2. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I see you got the best, a Chevy and a Boss. Can't beat that setup, very nice.

And welcome to Plowsite.:waving::waving::waving:
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Duramax Correct?!?!
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

And it's got a duramax in it.

Or at least that's what the badge on the hood make it look like.

Nice truck!:redbounce
  5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plow!
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i gotta admit im a Ford and a Fisher man all the way through but there will always be a soft spot in my heart for reg cab chevy with black rims and a v plow nice truck!!! all u need now is a backrack with a nice bar on top and lots more pics
  7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice set up and those new Chevy are starting to grow on me

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

"middle of the road plow"?? shes one of the best!
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Very nice!! you will move some serious snow with that this year.
  10. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Middle of the road :laughing: Boss V is the best you can get IMO! The only way to make it a "higher end" plow is if it were bigger. Very nice set up you have there. Hope it makes you lots of money this winter
  11. ACLM

ACLM Junior Member
    from Montana

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Yes it has a Duramax! I still need to get a strobe light for it but it should work great.

Any of you know about how much weight I should put in the bed? I know alot of guys here use sand bags to counter act the weight of the plow and I was wondering if 200-300 lbs would even really matter?
  12. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

very nice setup!:drinkup:
  13. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Awesome looking setup.... I'm not crazy about the rim/tire combo but hey, It'll do the trick! Goodluck this year!
  14. ACLM

ACLM Junior Member
    from Montana

I agree about the tires. They probably arent the best for plowing but they make since when I am putting on 700 miles a week mowing church properties throughout western Montana. As for the simple black rims....they fit me!

Nice truck by the way. I see we share the same interest in Reg Cab Diesels!!
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure what is recommended, I run 500-2000lbs depending how many bags of salt I have with me. I like plowing in 2wd :D
  16. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

That truck looks AWESOME!!!!! Love the black rims. And duramax, love it:D
  17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very sharp looking plow and truck.
  18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice looking truck im also a ford fisher guy and that truck is nice. I like chevy's too they are good looking