1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

solinoidor relay

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by traviswalker007, Feb 18, 2007.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

Hey guy's i was plowing this morning and went out again tonight but went to raise my plow and the lights dimmed a bit so i checked both plugins on my ultra-mount and they looked ok, went to raise again and nothing so i poped my hood and noticed the red cable going to my relay or solinoid dont know what one, but it looks like the plastic nut that the cable mounts to melted off?? is this a part i can get at a local parts storeor do i need to go thru western and what the hell made it melt off?

2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Tony,
    Having trouble again.

You should be able to get those kind of parts from an auto parts store.

Did you every get some di-electric grease and go over your connections?
    it's really a must when you are dealing with these Issue's.

Also recheck those connections that we were checking out last time, including the plug connections. this time its shouldn't take 3 hours. LOL

try cleaning them up and then add some Di-electric grease to them.

If you still need help call me!

3. traviswalker007

thanks scott

yes i do, and thanks again for last time, i still owe you. I did put some grease on the plugs, it looked at it again this morning and the red cable is still hooked to the end of the thread with the nut, it just melted off, is this normal, im going to auto zone today to see of the have a 12v solinoid, im assuming i need a 4 pin since thats what mine is, but is the wireing the same?

thanks
    tony

4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Sounds like it was getting hotI would think that would come from a bad connection.
    But It could also be caused from a faulty part.
    Just make sure you buy a good one, dont go the cheap route.
    You also might want to carry a back up with you.

5. traviswalker007

boss

i went to the parts store and he has a boss 4 pin solinoid, but there is no marks for what is ground or positive, also i looked at the a few western solinoids he has and there are all 3 pin and mine is a 4 pin, does it make a diffrence? even his western part book showed no 4 pin solinoid, im gonna buy the boss 4 pin solinoid it looks pretty heave duty and is all metal. can you call me im on my way to the parts store

tony
    815-712-4563