1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

solid V-plows for pick-ups

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by upnorth, Jan 31, 2005.

1. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

fixed V-plows for pick-ups

hey guys, i'm looking for a fixed v for a 3/4 ton dodge truck. there doesn't seem to be many manufacturers out there. can anyone help me out??

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Honestly I dont think they make a fixed v-plow for a pickup.

3. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

they must, there are a few around here, they seem to be the ticket for punching new roads. maybe they werent origannally built for pick-ups????

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey upnorth,
    Nice name you got there. Where you located? As far as your fixed v-plows my best advice would be talk to a resort owner on a big lake such as Mille Lacs or Upper Red Lake. Whenever I've seen a fixed v-plow it's been there, they use them for keeping there roads open to the fishing spots & fish houses.

Buck

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Friend of my father has a V plow on his dozer. It is really big. Muy heavy.

6. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

this would be a good start, also try talking to your city manager or township matinence supervisor. have only seen one in my time and that was on a city truck.

7. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

I have been around alot of V plows and have never seen one small enough for a pickup. V plows are very heavy and the way they are lifted would be pretty tough to do for a pickup. The only thing I can think of would be one for a sidewalk plow modified to fit a pickup truck.

worth Oshkosh 1.jpg

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

hey buck, I see them in all different sizes out be hind the dot & county garages buried in snow and sitting in farmers fields rusting. some times there still mounted on there old pickups! next time i see one in a farmers field, I'll leave a note in there box and see if they want to sale it.

did you see that little story on the news about the ice fishing guide useing one on his truck , he used it to plow roads out on the lake

I had to put ice fishing off until tomorrow I have every thing ready, kind of feel like a kid waiting for chirstmass or some thing :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  10. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

hey guys, thanks for the replys. I'm up here on Lake Of the Woods and am looking for a v for lake plowing. i want to mount it on my old dodge to save some wear and tear on my Ford. Heavy I know but they seem to hold up well. if anyone knows of a used one let me know. Thanks

11. lance49726

lance49726 Junior Member

12. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

thanks lance, appreciate it. The solotec link really made me laugh...screw the dodge, i'm gonna put 1 on the old ladies car!!
    Up North, sorry about the name thing. never noticed you till i was registered.

13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey, no problem, besides...now if I make a stupid post I can blame it on the other guy. :) Maybe you'll offer me free guide service for use of my name... :D Just kidding. Funny, I mentioned to check with some of the resort owners plowing roads on lakes and what do you need for...plowing on lakes. I should have assumed maybe that's what you wanted for being you're from MN.

Hey SnowFarmer,
    Did you get out on the ice yet or do I have to give you another excuse to give to your wife? :D

Buck

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hey Buck!!

AN excuse like all work and no play makes jack a dull boy!! :D

Wow!! what an mid season pick me up!! we didn't catch as many as you did.( a different limit slot) we fished in about 7 to 14 feet of water not counting the 2 1/2 to 3 feet of ice. used an pimple with an small minnow, they seemed to be the most active on the north side of the lake in the mooring shorty after the sun rise. The Spackles (a hybrid trout) were hitting good for about 2hr the dropped off fast. We caught 3 good fish on Thursday so we went back on fri and did just a little better with 6 fish between 10 and 13 inches. My wife was amazed at my improved attitude after a good day in the ice, she wants me to get more excuses it fish from you, lol!!! ( like i really need one, but it makes it more fun!!) :drinkup:

15. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Thatta boy!!!! Glad to hear you had some luck, and it never hurts to have the wife notice the improved attitude...makes it easier to get away the next time. :D

Buck

16. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

buck, i was in bemidji yesterday and from the looks of things boss pretty much has the market cornered. it seemed about every third truck had a plow and all BOSS.
    I'll tell ya what, you find me a plow that will work for me and i buy it, it will be a free day in a house for you. That goes for all of ya!

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

upnorth,
    yeah, Boss & Western are big here. Blizzard just came in last year, and I see a couple Meyer & Hiniker plows once in a while. I got a couple contacts that I'll call for you, see if I can earn myself that free day in the shack. Stay warm up there, sounds like a couple cool days coming.

Buck

18. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

thanks guys, i think i found my plow. a guy in blackduck builds them new. it seems he built most of the ones you see on the lakes around here. good price too! :D