1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by terrapro, Oct 23, 2006.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i think one of my solenoids is bad, how can i tell which one it is so i can replace it. its for a boss 8.2 V and the right wing wont come back in
  2. SFA3301

SFA3301 Junior Member

try taking the other side off and putting it on the right side ,and see if it moves.I have also checked mine by moving the wires from one side to the other and see if the joystick will move that side.if it will most likly you have a bad solonoid ,if not then there is another problem to try to find.

good luck! I HATE ELECTRICAL ISSUES!!!
  3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

You could also reverse the hydraulic hoses on the wings. I had a problem with a wing creeping back last year and that is how I determined wether it was a bad cylinder or valve body. GOOD LUCK
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

don't forget to clean and lube all grounds and plugs. I find that dirty contacts and grounds go before a continues duty solinoid.