1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Solenoid Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Hmebuildr, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

The Solenoid that mounts under the hood which is Meyer part#15370 is just a normal starter solenoid correct?? The one I have is sticking and is getting replaced.
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You can use a ford style starter solenoid on a Meyer.
    The duty cycle may not be rated as high as the Meyer solenoid which could cut it's life a bit.
    :rolleyes: John...
  3. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

That is what I thought thanks

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i use napa continues contact solenoid look the same just h.d.
  5. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

You can use a regular 12 volt solenoid off of a ford for your myers. You can get it at any auto part store. They range from 8 dollars to about 20. I used the ford style on my jeep and it works just fine.
  6. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I don't have the part # handy, but my local parts store found me a continuous duty marine solenoid that was the grounded type and it worked very well for 2 years then I sold the truck. Might still be working. I have the regular CPW solenoid on my new setup.
  7. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Got a heavy duty ford solenoid for around 8 bucks works fine. The local meyers dealer wanted $30 for the same part