1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Solenoid Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Sp3cialized, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

I have a MM2 HD and was trying to diagnose solenoid as the issue and I replaced with a simple older ford starter solenoid and hooked it up similarly to the fisher one. Im not getting power at the controller.

I also must say- I bought the vehicle harness used and it had the 6 pin in-cab plug cut off of it.

I spliced on butt-connectors and hooked up all the wires to a joystick controller I have which had 6 pins- the harness has 7- two red- how do I know which one is the red wire for the power to the controller????

I would also like to know which pin on the harness plug that goes into the ISO module is the power wire that is supposed to be hooked up in the cab because I cant figure out which red wire I need to wire to HOT.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Figured it out- turns out the controller wires (7 of them that come through the firewall) two are red the one which runs to pin C of the connector is the wire for the switched accessory wire.

Also- did not look at the schematic but all the wires do not correlate colors going from truck control harness side to joystick/fishstick controller.

Look up the electrical schematic to know the right connections if you are cheap and piece together an almost new MM2 8' HD with all new parts [NOS- light harness, ISO MOD, power cable vehicle side, solenoid; Used- joystick, control harness vehicle side with cut off 6 pin connector :-( ]

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

That is correct the wire colors out of the joystick do not correlate with with the harness colors past the white 6 pin connector. See signature in link for the wire diagram.
    T.J.