1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

solenoid clicking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mikem503, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mikem503

mikem503 Junior Member

My fisher Plow stopped working. Power goes on but if I try to move the plow it goes off and the solenoid clicks.
    This happened before, maybe without the clicking. it turned out to be frayed wires. Fixed those and it worked fine till yesterday. Went to plow a few miles from home, dropped the plow and that was all she wrote. I had to limp home plowing the clean streets the whole way.
    Any way to check if the solenoid is bad?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the output side of it

3. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

like dieselss said check the output to see if your getting power out to the motor.....if not its probably a bad solenoid they are cheap just replace it then you know you have a good one and can elminate that......any burnt ends on your current solenoid?

4. mikem503

mikem503 Junior Member

So before I could check this it started to work normal. That was until I tried to plow this am.
    I checked the output - nothing. But there is nothing coming into the solenoid either. I have 14.7 coming out of the battery at the wire for the solenoid. But that same wire reads zero where it is attached to the spade connector at the solenoid.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well replace that cable to start with

6. iContact

iContact Junior Member
    from 06786

I have had two similar issues when both times I would be getting 12+ volts but not enough current for the pump. one time i replaced a wire the other I had to clean a connection. Get the meter out and start chasing it down.