1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

solenoid clicking

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Ferrisdiesel, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Ok so here's the deal, first thing in the morning when I get ready to go plowing.......like clockwork......i start the truck, turn on my headlights and go to lift the plow and the solenoid clicks prob like 10-15 times before it lifts. After that it works fine all day long.......waddya ya guys think the problem is?

I have my remote tied into my my parking lights, because it's the only switchable source I could find.

My ground for the motor is grounded to the outside of the A Frame

Any help would be great!
  2. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

Sounds like a bad solenoid. That's typically what they do when they go. Just because it's clicking doesn't mean it's working. They're not very expensive or hard to replace either...
  3. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Thanks Shoreline, that's what im kinda thinking it is......kinda sucks though, the thing is brand new, only 2 months old.
  4. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario