1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sold my " Hour Mount 2" For Snoway

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rideh202001, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rideh202001

rideh202001 Junior Member
    from vermont

I just sold my new 8' minute mount 2 for a 32 series 8'6 stainless. What a difference all around. I cant believe how much better sno way is.You cant compare the two. I wish I got rid of fisher years ago. Fisher plows should consider marketing to the ship anchor industry! Thank you sno way .

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.

Thanks for the kind words. What type of truck are you running it on? Post pictures when you can. Welcome to the Sno-Way family. :nod:

We appreciate your business.

Happy Holidays :angel: :waving:

3. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

So what was wrong with your fisher?

4. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

plow

he has a 06 chevy 2500hd

5. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

I've also never had much luck connecting a Fisher plow. (I assume which is why he calls it "hour mount 2"). Always pushing and shoving at the headgear... and getting in and out of the truck several times to finaly get it hooked up.

6. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

I have a MM2. I just pull up until I am just inches away. When I pull up to it, I know where the headlight lines up on the hood, so I'm usually only an inch or two off if I'm not lined up. Then I get back in, pull ahead and all in all it probably takes less than a minute to mount. A friend did show me how he does his before I even installed mine.

Here's how I do mine. Once I am pulled into it, I smack that lever up (Not into the clip, just so it releases the pins) Then I push up on the left headlight with my shoulder and the pins click in. Sometimes if I'm not pulled in straight the pass side may not click in all the way. In that case, I just grab the plow and shake it back and forth a bit. In the worst case scenario I go over to the passenger side and shake the plow from that side, or lift under the headlight like with the driver side. It literally takes a minute or less.

Sorry to hear of your problems, I have the 8' HD and it's pretty easy.

7. rideh202001

from vermont

The difference

Yes i do drive a 2500hd. It goes like this. I used fisher for a long time but after opening my mind and eyes s little and testing out the sno way I had to sell it.

REASONS

1. Unless you have the fisher on totally flat ground its not going on easy. If it sinks in snow, mud, on uneven ground, etc you are spending more than a minute pushing on the front of it. Usually having some help. PARK IT IN THE GARAGE. The sno way on the other hand you pull up and use the down pressure if it has sunk or whatever circumstance you can put it in you are all set. It takes me longer to get out of the truck than it does to put it on. You don't have to touch a thing. just simply press latches with your foot . I'm talking seconds!

2. sno way took 380 lbs of weight off the front of my truck. Less wear and tear.

3. sno way stacks banks higher than fisher ever could. I am stacking snow way higher than my truck.

4. sno way is taking 3hrs off my route by LESS MESS PUSHING. LESS CLEAN UP!
    I cant believe the time i spent cleaning up after my old fisher.

5. sno way doesn't have pounds of snow sticking to the plow after backing out of a snow bank.

6. sno way pushes and holds a lot more snow in and in front of it than fisher.

7. sno ways patented down pressure is simply a gift from god. My lots are scraped down nice and clean and LOOK MUCH MUCH BETTER than they used to with the fisher. The down pressure actually saved me this last storm from sliding down a hill backwords on a steep incline on icy conditions. Just simply pressed the dp button.

8. Backdraging is much better. You don't pack down a 5 in layer . It cleans down to pavement. LOOKS MUCH BETTER.

9. sno way doesn't put you through the windshield on those uneven nasty dirt roads we all know about in vermont. Fisher plows catch and jolt hard . My route just got smooth.

10 PUSHES WAY MORE SNOW.

So there you have it. Try one out or watch someone who has a sno way. You wont regret it. FASTER , LIGHTER . MORE EFFICIENT!

8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Sorry to say this but u sound more like a sales rep than a plower

9. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

plow

he's not a sales rep
    I am the one that sold him on the plow. He tried my plow out and fell in love with it and so we got one for him. He plows with me.

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Well hey to me it sounds like a sale promo and that is just my opinion

11. rideh202001

from vermont

hey im back on

I am no sales rep. Just half construction guy ( seamless gutters and roofing) and half plow guy

12. rideh202001

from vermont

Larry did sell me on it

Larry let me drive his 2500 hd w a 9 foot plow last week and i loved it. That was it . I sold my fisher 3 days later. Larry has a awesome agressive workhorse truck.

13. toby4492

I can assure you that we do not have any factory salespeople based in VT. We do however have many satisfied customers out there running our products. If he wants to sing the praises of Sno-Way I sure am not going to stop him. :nono: but I can't get him on the payroll either. :D

Spread the word!!!!

14. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Im not a sales rep, and i agree with everything that he mentioned......

15. rideh202001

from vermont

Larry knows ALL

Hey if anyone has a question about setting up a truck for plowing or a question about a plow just ask larry . He knows it all. He is also a sells a awesome led light set up. Bright Bright Bright. For 25 cents i am willing to give you his cell number and he will gladly give you 24 hour sales/support. LOL!

16. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You now just reading this turns me off. I do use Fisher and I am one of the thousands of guys that love them. Sure, your Snow Way products may be wonderful, but bashing other products in comparison is just classless. Promoting this kind of comparison is just not professional. It's not the first time I have seen this, we have suppliers come into our manufacturing plant all the time and when they have to bash another product or completive sales rep or their company, we say thank for coming and say goodbye!

17. rideh202001

from vermont

Stirring The Pot!

Thanks, Im running a 06 2500hd with the 32 series 8,6. I will put some pictures up soon enough. I think larry has some video also.

18. rideh202001

from vermont

Bashing fisher

Im not bashing anything or anyone. Just simply listing the benifits of my new investment. I encourage anyone to just try it out. purplebou

19. toby4492

What I can't thank a customer for his business:confused:

20. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I don't see his comparisons of his personal experiences with Fisher and SnoWay in any way shape or form as "bashing"
    He's owned BOTH and is explaining all the differences between them...
    I sing the praises of my plow all the time...the only difference is I haven't owned anything else but a SnoWay so nothing to compare to...but I do know my buddy has to use a big bar to mount his Fisher MM1 while on his flat garage floor!! That's just truth...no bashing!